Sign in to follow this  
Guest guyjr

Ultimate Terrain + Simflyers KEWR = no autogen

Guest guyjr

Hi all... I tried searching for this specific issue but didn't find any posts about it. It seems that with Ultimate Terrain & Simflyers KEWR installed I get no autogen within a good 5 square miles of Newark airport... and this is with residential roads / residential lights OFF in Ultimate Terrain. I uninstalled Simflyers KEWR just to check if that was the culprit, and lo and behold, my autogen came back.So - any advice on getting the autogen to work with _both_ of these installed? Or is it that SF actually rendered their scenery to go far beyond the borders of the airport?

Im sure built inside one of their BGL files they have scenery for the surrounding areas as well. Some expert could decompile their BGLs and tell you more than me, though

>Hi all... I tried searching for this specific issue but>didn't find any posts about it. It seems that with Ultimate>Terrain & Simflyers KEWR installed I get no autogen within a>good 5 square miles of Newark airport... and this is with>residential roads / residential lights OFF in Ultimate>Terrain. I uninstalled Simflyers KEWR just to check if that>was the culprit, and lo and behold, my autogen came back.>>So - any advice on getting the autogen to work with _both_ of>these installed? Or is it that SF actually rendered their>scenery to go far beyond the borders of the airport?>The New York Scenery area especially when you add SimFlyers KEWR and KJFK is probably the most detailed, and resource taxed area in all of FS, so it's not surprising they're issues. For me it's a blurring of the scenery until I get completely out of the area. Simflyer airports while detailed, was developed before the more efficient methods of building scenery in FS have been adopted, such as Fly Tampa. So performance at these airports take a heavy hit. To date, I haven't heard of anyone that has a viable solution to the performance issues for this area.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guy Simflyer's KEWR was built for FS2k2 (Ultimate Terrain has nothing to do with this). I've written extensive reports on this over on Simflyer's website 2 years ago only to see them overlook it for other airports (upgraded KATL and KLAX for example).This is the real deal; KEWR was built originally at the end of the FS2000 era. Autogen wasn't an issue back then therefore you'll find this kind of thing with many older scenery add-ons. Simflyer's KPHL has the same problem. As far as I know Simflyers has no plans of updated this airport scenery to correct this problem. In the time that FS2k4 has been out a few members have left Simflyers to form ImagineSim. A new version of KEWR should be released in the next month or so. I'd hold out for ImagineSim's offering seeing it's built by some of the same authors. Another thing to remember is Simflyer's airports are some of the worst add-on's to get concerning framerates (right next to Wilco's airports). I'd stay away from most of Simflyers work especially KDFW and next to that KJFK (you put SF's KJFK next to the Shez's freeware KLGA and the payware Manhatten add-on, New York is all but unflyable). The only sceneries worth getting from Simflyers that won't give you a slide show is KLAS and KPHX.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Presenting the new KEWR... :-beerchug http://www.imaginesim.com/kewr02.htm

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Water Mango

They could have at least used a higher resolution in the Sim for tacking screenshots. I was put off by their (ImagineSim) KMSY airport until I purchased it. Judging from other airports by this developer I know KEWR will be a very nice add-on...

Guest guyjr

Wow, talk about fast service!!!I actually dug around a bit on SF forums yesterday and managed to find a mention that the problem with the original scenery .bgl was that it had to cover a much larger area than the airport itself, given the technology of the time. That's why the autogen disappears... it's literally covered by the airport scenery area, even though there's nothing there.