Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm in....

Will have fun this afternoon, exploring TrueSky!

For the price, you can't go wrong, for what is now offered....

"I'm in...".

Cheers,

Now, a fellow FSW'er....

• Upvote 1

I think this latest update has been a big plus FSW as sales are on the up again, and with steam having  67 million active monthly users on latest count, they will want to get another big update out as soon as they can.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

43 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I think this latest update has been a big plus FSW as sales are on the up again, and with steam having  67 million active monthly users on latest count, they will want to get another big update out as soon as they can.

Ray Fry.

For the money asked of you,...you'd have to be crazy NOT to buy this sim, if JUST for the best foul/rain weather depicted, this side of the Pecos River!

I am WAY impressed with this one feature...and there are a lot of features to date, that has me smiling.  I'm glad I decided to jump in.

About the rain...the BEST I have ever seen on ANY sim platform. The rain comes at you..not veering as slash marks that don't hit the windshield.  Very immersive. Very realistic.  

I will EAT CROW!

This is not a re-hashed FS10.  Nope...

Said with feathers hanging out of my mouth...:(

Very much enjoying this early release, and the foul weather, is my favorite to date.   I hope they will have a real-world weather module soon (unless I missed it on my first few rounds of the set-up...)

20170809130443_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

This sim is certainly looking better all the time but it has the same issue as Xplane, its not as feature complete as FSX. IMO, right now, the improvement benefits do not outweigh a standard whole package(FSX).

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

This sim is certainly looking better all the time but it has the same issue as Xplane, its not as feature complete as FSX. IMO, right now, the improvement benefits do not outweigh a standard whole package(FSX).

Well, it is a flight sim, in development.  For WHAT there is...again stated, very impressed with feathers in my mouth. I just brought the FSW.exe over into nVidia Inspector...and so am now tweaking/twacking....

The 'wet' environment, kicks all other sims to the curb...every one of them....

I now see that this platform is only ever going to get more detailed and add-feature rich...and I'm going along for the ride!!!

Much success to you Dovetail Devs....for this IS a new ESP-based endeavor...and I was wrong......

I will say one thing...you compare their 'vision' of what a rainy day flight operation looks like...compared to any current, or past version of P3D...and P3D's version is a joke...and not even in the race...  I hope that changes... XP11 is sad to say, also in the lame curb...when you first taxi out to the active in stupendous rain/rain-drops/rain animation, and that TrueSky ominous low scud and cloud bank....TRULY, is kick-a**!

Ses

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Well, it is a flight sim, in development.  For WHAT there is...again stated, very impressed with feathers in my mouth. I just brought the FSW.exe over into nVidia Inspector...and so am now tweaking/twacking....

I now see that this platform is only ever going to get more detailed and add-feature rich...and I'm going along for the ride!!!

Much success to you Dovetail Devs....for this IS a new ESP-based endeavor...and I was wrong......

I will say one thing...you compare their 'vision' of what a rainy day flight operation looks like...compared to any current, or past version of P3D...and P3D's version is a joke...and not even in the race...  I hope that changes... XP11 is sad to say, also in the lame curb...when you first taxi out to the active in stupendous rain/rain-drops/rain animation, and that TrueSky ominous low scud and cloud bank....TRULY, is kick-a**!

Ses

Try the snowy weather, the snow effect is also the best I've seen. 

I agree with VeryBumpy.  Hopefully, Dovetail will work the same magic on all the missing features as well.  When I can fly a complex jetliner (PMDG, FsLabs quality) online with VATSIM into detailed airports with great scenery, day or night, in real world weather, I'm in.  (Note:  I have purchased FSW, but have not yet installed it.  The purchase was more of an investment and show of support for further development.  For now, my limited sim flying will still be on FSX-SE.)

50 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Try the snowy weather, the snow effect is also the best I've seen. 

I shall...:)  Thanks!

48 minutes ago, Donstim said:

I agree with VeryBumpy.  Hopefully, Dovetail will work the same magic on all the missing features as well.  When I can fly a complex jetliner (PMDG, FsLabs quality) online with VATSIM into detailed airports with great scenery, day or night, in real world weather, I'm in.  (Note:  I have purchased FSW, but have not yet installed it.  The purchase was more of an investment and show of support for further development.  For now, my limited sim flying will still be on FSX-SE.)

"You are knee-capping yourself.  You have access to the best foul weather in flight simulation, and are not enjoying it.  All the other stuff you need, can still come from FSX-SE, but FSX-SE can NOT give you true life rain swept visuals.  Nope...."

I'd install, and run those foul weather G.A.  (rain and snow...) scenarios, and then go back to FSX-SE for your other needs.  

On 8/9/2017 at 0:37 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

Ses

I don't see where you made any bad comment's about FSW. Must be in another forum. I find it refreshing that someone would post " I Eat Crow", and admit maybe they were wrong. And maybe you weren't at the beginning. Some people will never like this sim for whatever reason. Glad you are liking it. Been a supporter since the beginning. No, it's not feature complete, etc... but it is amazing how Dovetail have been listening to our bug report's, feature request, etc... I have only been in simulation since 2008/2009, but have never seen a company so open with the community. Yes, I like FSW very much. And you should like and fly all the sim's you enjoy! All of them, P3D, FSX, FSX-SE, X-Plane, Aerofly, etc... and FSW. Did I miss one?

Don't know if I am allowed to post our discord server? Just Google Flight Sim World discord server. Only one that comes up :) Sorry, if I am not allowed to mention that! The DTG Staff are also online with us in the discord server.

They have stated there will be jet's ( have no idea which companies ), SDK, improvement's to scenery, TrueSky ( today fixed some TrueSky problem's, but some remain to be fixed ), bologna sandwiches, etc... in the future. Who know's how long that is!

And welcome from a fellow FSW'er I think you said!

Edited by Learjet777
Added and edited content

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

10 minutes ago, Learjet777 said:

I don't see where you made any bad comment's about FSW. Must be in another forum. I find it refreshing that someone would post " I Eat Crow", and admit maybe they were wrong. And maybe you weren't at the beginning. Some people will never like this sim for whatever reason. Glad you are liking it. Been a supporter since the beginning. No, it's not feature complete, etc... but it is amazing how Dovetail have been listening to our bug report's, feature request, etc... I have only been in simulation since 2008/2009, but have never seen a company so open with the community. Yes, I like FSW very much. And you should like and fly all the sim's you enjoy! All of them, P3D, FSX, FSX-SE, X-Plane, Aerofly, etc... and FSW. Did I miss one?

Don't know if I am allowed to post our discord server? Just Google Flight Sim World discord server. Only one that comes up :) Sorry, if I am not allowed to mention that!

And welcome from a fellow FSW'er I think you said!

Hi,

I actually didn't really say anything 'bad' about this sim, from its release...BUT...I totally dismissed it, as another 'has-been' ESP wannabe.  In that...I was wrong.  Yes...it's based on the ESP engine...but I have never seen what they have milked outta that engine, like the Dovetail Dev's have...

I voiced my opinion of 'yeah, yeah...blah, blah...ESP'...but what I SHOULD have done, was to slap down some coin...and take it up for a spin...that's what I should have done...and now, have done....:biggrin:

It is giving XP11 a total run for its money, in the night life...and whops it out, at totally smooth animation. 

The more I fly...the more I wanna fly...

Cheers!

Ses

4 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Hi,

I actually didn't really say anything 'bad' about this sim, from its release...BUT...I totally dismissed it, as another 'has-been' ESP wannabe.  In that...I was wrong.  Yes...it's based on the ESP engine...but I have never seen what they have milked outta that engine, like the Dovetail Dev's have...

I voiced my opinion of 'yeah, yeah...blah, blah...ESP'...but what I SHOULD have done, was to slap down some coin...and take it up for a spin...that's what I should have done...and now, have done....:biggrin:

It is giving XP11 a total run for its money, in the night life...and whops it out, at totally smooth animation. 

The more I fly...the more I wanna fly...

Cheers!

Ses

Yeah, me not being the most serious simmer. Not sure most of you would have really liked it until TrueSky :) But I still give you kudo's for thinking it might be bad, but publicly stating what you thought. I commend you! Most people will never, ever admit, thing's they were thinking. Including me sometimes :) Hope you join our little community! We would be happy to have someone like you and everyone actually!

Man I hope we see weekly updates again, or at least every two week's ( Like the movie Money Pit ). When will Flight Sim World go GOLD, Two Weeks :) You all know I am kidding right?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

On 09/08/2017 at 7:27 PM, rjfry said:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/valve-reveals-steam-user-numbers,news-56402.html

Do you think third party developers will want to support FSW in this market place, if they want to make money you bet.

Ray Fry.

On steam competition is fierce

those 67 millions have 67 millions games to play with a couple of millions being high tech modern graphics stuff   

The majority of Stem users when look at sim graphics will be put off instantly as they are used to richer contents than us