Sign in to follow this  
DavidV935

Missing wheels on some planes

Any idea of why wheels would be missing? I'm stumped especially when the textures are for the same Saab340.

9bb7P6u.jpg?1

qoqnno3.jpg

BqqArNz.jpg

DX10 preview unchecked?  I see no tag for FSX-SE, so I assume you have FSX disc version?  Do

you have Acceleration installed?  If not, Do you have SP2 installed?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Charlie... DX10 Preview is checked; and I'm using FSX Deluxe with SP2 installed; i5 processor, 16GB RAM, mediocre AMD Radeon R7 360 graphics card with 2GB video RAM.

When this started happening early last month, I bought and installed SteveFSXfixer which seemed to solve several texture issues for many of the planes, but I still have a few addon planes that this persists.

Was the Saab340 from FSND and were some of the textures for FS2004?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Was the Saab340 from FSND and were some of the textures for FS2004?

Got the Saab from PREMIER AIRCRAFT DESIGN

SAAB 340B FOR FSX/SP2 (Ver 2 02-Oct-2009)
Aircraft, panel and sound package
including dynamic VC with custom gauges.

Textures look like they could have been originally for FS2004, but don't know for sure.

Charlie...now that I look at the readme for the PAD Saab340, the included jpg show clear windows and crew in the cockpit which means the window textures are missing too.

Just checked the PAD site and found this quote:

"FSX USERS PLEASE NOTE:  THIS MODEL IS COMPATIBLE  WITH FSX ACCELERATION (SP2)

BUT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DX10 GRAPHICs"

I will try the download but I think it will work fine for me since I don't use DX10 Preview.

Mine have wheels and the cockpit windows are clear.

Saab.jpg

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

I took your suggestion and copied the Northwest file "rouen2.bmp" and pasted it into the Provincial and FlyBe texture folders overwriting the ones there and it worked. Now that I know that works, and I see your Provincial Saab photo, I think you've quite skillfully helped me figure this issue out. Fixing DX10 helped resolve one set of issues while forcing me to accept that my CRJ 100/200 will just have to go. Thanks so much, Charlie for helping me with this!

Glad to help!  Sometimes I get lucky:cool:

Charlie Aron