Sign in to follow this  
N1G

ground steering - nose wheel

Hi all, 

Well I have fiddled with this forever it seems. Tried all the internal settings, but cannot find the stability. I have even watched many XP videos on diverse subjects, which many do contain taxi and takeoff runs and you can see the instability, so it's not just me or my equipment. I went back to p3d and was able to nail it (no attacks please).  Is there a 3rd party addon that can help stabilize the nose wheel steering? 

Thanks - Bob

What issue are you having? Can you provide a detailed explanation or a video?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Nose wheel steering just not right. I either over correct or under correct. The torgue issue is understood but not matter how delicate I try to adjust it usually is an over correct. I have tried the different sensitivities and adjustments till I just feel like quitting. The braking is also a problem and adds to the confusion already noted. The plane is just all over the place. Does not matter what plane either.  

Using CH pro pedals but did try the twist on the Joystick but to no avail. I was hoping that XUPIPC might have some tuning but it's not ready for xp11 as of yet. Again, no issues with p3d.

Bob

You mean, when the tiller is used, or simply the problems due to the over-sensitive behaviour of aircraft on ground, when in the presence of wind ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes, tiller but wind or no wind, does not matter. It is an over sensitivity reaction regardless of settings. 

Bob

Try going to the joystick settings, "control sensitivity", and then set "CONTROL RESPONSE" to 100% for the yaw axis.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

OK I found it. My throttles, Prop and Mixture levers are tied together for each engine (ch). What's happening is that the levers are equally physically level to each other, but they are producing different levels at different points going forward and reverse.  This is creating an imbalance and affecting the control of the plane. Now this was on the Carenado Seminole. I will try more tonight after the football game (-:

I don't think that each plane would be any different in what I am seeing, so it may be that the quadrant is just getting old and worn out. Calibration does nothing to fix it. 

Bob

Fixed. Tied throttle, prop and mixture as one lever. Now levels are the same for both engines.Taxiing is greatly improved.  This had been bugging me forever.  

Bob

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2017 at 10:17 PM, N1G said:

so it's not just me or my equipment

Good job you didn't listen to yourself and looked into the problem a bit more ;-)

Glad you got it working better.

1 hour ago, Glenn_C said:

Good job you didn't listen to yourself and looked into the problem a bit more ;-)

Glad you got it working better.

I know. Sometimes I just get frustrated. Thanks for not rubbing it in (too deep) :laugh:

Bob