Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Are there any modern ATC options?

I was wondering if there were any new ATC's out in the FSX world? All I know about are Radar Contact 4, which I've used reliably for years, and Pro ATC-x, are there any others?

I think PF3 and VOX ATC are the only other ones. Can't provide any feedback as I don't use any ATC addons.

However, there are tons of threads here on Avsim that go over the pluses and minuses of each one. As well as tons of reviews on the net on each one.

The only other option would be to fly online using Vatsim or equivalent.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Pilot2atc is what I use. They have a 2 weeks demo and a forum here.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

PF3 is what I use (and have helped developing as a beta tester), it has a demo available: http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pf3_trial.htm

Main question is probably: Do you want to use voice input (for PF3 you would additionally need MCE or manually configure other voice recognition software), or do you want to use keys/buttons/menus?

I've used several ATC addons and IMO VoxATC is king! No more pressing buttons, but using the mic is far more realistic and so more immersive.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

ProATC last update was March 2017, next one is in the works but with no ETA.

ngxu_banner.png

I'd be really happy with default ATC if there was some way to detect the content of the ATC window and auto-reply, if appropriate. Other than that, I've grown to appreciate its flexibility in terms of adding callsigns, airport names, etc...

With a trick or two, you can even fly SIDs and STARs with default ATC (degrade your status from IFR to VFR en route and do your own descent or approach or choose a non-vectored approach when guided through the descent).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Concur with voice control - I do the same with RC4 and Voice Attack...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 8/10/2017 at 5:46 PM, Bjoern said:

if there was some way to detect the content of the ATC window and auto-reply, if appropriate.

I'm currently trying to get Lockheed-Martin to implement a way of doing that. If they do it will be for P3D v4 of course. no chance for FSX or FSX-SE I'm afraid.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I'm currently trying to get Lockheed-Martin to implement a way of doing that. If they do it will be for P3D v4 of course. no chance for FSX or FSX-SE I'm afraid.

Do you mean exposing the ATC variables or implementing the auto-reply functionality outright?

Somewhere in the Avsaim forums is a posting from a developer (for an ATC or crew tool or so) who managed, with an apparently tremendous amount of work, to gain access to the ATC window status and implement an auto-reply functionality.

- Edit:

Found it.

By the way: After 10+ years of use, I've finally bought registered FSUIPC a few days ago and it improved flying with an XBox 360 pad by a million percent. The traffic limiter also works excellently.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

13 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Do you mean exposing the ATC variables or implementing the auto-reply functionality outright?

Neither. Just making the text from the menus available for applications to read, maybe using Client Data -- the same way I get the PMDG aircraft data for my offsets.

My use of getting menu texts is so I can display them on a small screen in my cockpit, not for processing them to automate answers. but either way the text can be used. (I've done this already on FSX/P3D3 for regular SimConnect menus, from applications, but not for the default ATC, which I don't use in any case).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen