Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

[OPINIONS] What are the best default airports in p3d v4

Hello all, since i'm not exactly a rich man, what would you say the best default airports are in P3|D v4 (or even the Orbx free airport packs)? I found KORD was pretty good so what else is out there for me to explore? Anywhere in the world...

Mario Di Lauro

FSX, the begginings of P3D, had a bunch of "enhanced airports". Basically ones they tried to make look a little like the real ones rather than default buildings. If you find that list, most of these will probably be the better ones. If I remember, they were mainly the major international bravo airspace airports and Edwards AFB. Any of the Orbx freeware airports are worlds better than any default airport, but all the freeware are heavily geared to GA (not sure what of flying you're in to). 

Eric Szczesniak

There are 40 Enhanced Airports in FSX, and they (along with all the default airports) are the same in P3DV3 and V4.

REX published World Wide Airports HD which is an excellent product to update all default airports and they are slowly customizing some of them (KSLC is already done).  The product is terrific for those who don't wish to go the payware airport route.

Best wishes to everyone.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I basically can fly in and out of any bigger airport in P3Dv4. The only thing that is really bad in my opinion are the small airfields. That's why I love ORBX. While for example Zurich, Nice, Barcelona still look ok in its native form (even offer Jetways), most smaller airports are basically composed of only the runway and one or two buildings. Often not even a parking position. And this really prevents me from flying in and out of smaller airports completely if I do not have an addon scenery for it.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS