Sign in to follow this  
Mikelab6

Install instructions for Realair Duke B60v2 (FSX installer) in P3Dv4

Hi all,

Below are the instruction to install your Duke B60v2 (FSX version) into your P3Dv4 sim.  All is working well and also the config tool.

1. Install the Duke using the FSX installer and point it to your P3Dv4 folder. The installer will install the plane in your SimObjects\Airplanes folder.

2. Download the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64 archive (zip file) from Doug Dawsons's homepage (Link : http://www.douglassdawson.ca/ )  If you don't use this 64 bits modified sound file, you will have some missing sound in your plane.

3. Unzip the archive into a temporary directory. You will see 4 files, but you only need the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll file.

4. Make backup of your original RASDuke_Sound.gau from your P3Dv4\gauges directory 

5. Copy the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll from the temporary folder (unzipped file) into your P3Dv4\ gauges directory and rename it to RASDuke_Sound.gau

6. There's an error in the aircraft.cfg (in the [contact points] section) of the B60v2 causing the left landing gear to be stuck in up position. To solve this, replace the coma (see red text below) by a dot and that's it !

point.0 =1,  0.82,  0.00, -3.75,  4000,  0,  0.633,  35,  0.13,  1.80,  0.35,   3.1, 3.1, 0,  152, 180 //Tarmac, non-castoring

point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94,  6000,  1,  1.00,    0,   0.30,  2.50, 0.36,    3.1, 3,1, 2,  152, 200

point.2 =1, -8.04,  5.00, -3.94,  6000,  2,  1.00,    0,   0.30,  2.50, 0.36,    3.1, 3.1, 3,  152, 200

Happy flying !

Mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Mike,

Does making a copy of the Duke folder from SimObjects/Airports out of FSX and pasted into P3D/SimObjects/Airplanes work as first step ??

Don't think so, because the installer is installing some others files in P3Dv4 folders (example: the sound file explained above). I don't know what others file the installer will install in other folders. If you know that, you will have to also copy all those files in their respective folders.

Mike

Getting my rebuilt computer back tomorrow with 2 new SDDs. Planning to buy P3Dv4 this weekend. Is there anywhere in this world where I can buy and download a working P3D4 version of the Turbine Duke v2? I had that on my old FSX drive that has bitten the dust. I don't mind buying it again. I am not able to mess with config files, or any files that have to be edited.

The Cockpit Lights do not seem to work and the Panel Lights seem a little bright, has anyone else noticed this?  Also, I use a CH Eclipse Yoke (I do not have FSUIPC5 installed) and I have the landing gear assigned to one of the rocker switches via the sim assignments, but without FSUIPC, I have to assign Landing Gear Extend/Retract in only one direction on my switch.  Nevertheless, usually it takes several times operating the switch in order to extend the landing gear.  Usually no issues when taking off, only one time to retract the gear.  When I operate the switch to extend the gear, the handle moves as appropriate, but the gear doesn't drop and no gear moving sound.  I wasn't sure if it's a sim thing or Duke B60 thing.  I don't have this issue on any other aircraft that I've noticed.

Appreciate any assistance.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

20 minutes ago, SmokeDiddy said:

The Cockpit Lights do not seem to work and the Panel Lights seem a little bright, has anyone else noticed this?  Also, I use a CH Eclipse Yoke (I do not have FSUIPC5 installed) and I have the landing gear assigned to one of the rocker switches via the sim assignments, but without FSUIPC, I have to assign Landing Gear Extend/Retract in only one direction on my switch.  Nevertheless, usually it takes several times operating the switch in order to extend the landing gear.  Usually no issues when taking off, only one time to retract the gear.  When I operate the switch to extend the gear, the handle moves as appropriate, but the gear doesn't drop and no gear moving sound.  I wasn't sure if it's a sim thing or Duke B60 thing.  I don't have this issue on any other aircraft that I've noticed.

Appreciate any assistance.

Unless I am mistaken, I think when extending/ retracting landing gear it requires two operations. 1st to arm or unlock and 2nd to actually perform the operation. It could be another plane I'm thinking of. Your note on not hearing gear sound is that only on the times you can't get the gear to lower or is it missing both directions?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

2 hours ago, lennie said:

Getting my rebuilt computer back tomorrow with 2 new SDDs. Planning to buy P3Dv4 this weekend. Is there anywhere in this world where I can buy and download a working P3D4 version of the Turbine Duke v2? I had that on my old FSX drive that has bitten the dust. I don't mind buying it again. I am not able to mess with config files, or any files that have to be edited.

If you still have same email address and login data, you can go here and re-download the FSX model

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

13 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Unless I am mistaken, I think when extending/ retracting landing gear it requires two operations. 1st to arm or unlock and 2nd to actually perform the operation. It could be another plane I'm thinking of. Your note on not hearing gear sound is that only on the times you can't get the gear to lower or is it missing both directions?

Thanks for the reply!  I am new to P3D, but in FSX-SE (with FSUIPC), the gear worked, but the extend and retract were programmed individually based on the direction of the switch (up for retract, down for extend) I'm using on my yoke.  For P3D, it will not allow me to separately program the ext and ret ops.  I do not know about the arming.  None of the other aircraft I've flown hesitate that I've noticed.

As far as the missing sound, it is only when I have the instance above...when the gear finally decides to drop, I do get the appropriate sound.  

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

4 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

If you still have same email address and login data, you can go here and re-download the FSX model

Hey Jim, thanks! So it will work with P3Dv4? I have the original purchase order and download instructions.

7 hours ago, lennie said:

Solutions here:

Greg

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:50 PM, Skywolf said:

We need this moved into the P3D tips section as it will be easy to locate.  

Yeah, good idea !

Nice work Mike 

Topic locked and moved to the Prepar3D Tips & Tricks  Sub-forum