Sign in to follow this  
paradoxbox

Disable controls while autopilot active?

In the new 747, there is an option in the configuration pages to totally disable all control inputs while the aircraft is in autopilot.

I really like this feature because I can push my yoke in and use the PC for other things while the aircraft cruises in the background, then just center the yoke and click the AP off when I'm ready to fly the approach.

Is there an option like this that exists for the 777, or is it planned for a future update? I have a few incidents where I turned my office chair around, bumped the yoke and sent the aircraft tumbling because the controller overrode the AP.

I do not believe that this was brought back to the 777. As Robert had said in the past they are planning to bring the 744 features to the the other products in the future. In case I am wrong as I am not in my FS PC you can check the 777 FMC :)

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Pressing Ctrl & K disables the joystick inputs 

I use this all the time so I can do other things without knocking my joystick 

to get the joystick working just press Ctrl K again

Stewart Cumbers

Great tip donkey, I had forgotten about the sim's native input control. I think I'll use that until PMDG adds this feature into the 777.