Sign in to follow this  

Old Purchases

Since I was banned for life at the Orbx forum (don't care for John V's dictatorial tendencies), I wanted to know how I get some older airports such as Eagle County and Southampton Airport (purchased from the prior Australian website) into Prepar3d V4? Also wondering if I can use my photo-scenery with Orbx's Global Base Pack by layering above it in the scenery library?

Any help is appreciated, Darryl

Btw, I don't own Global Base but plan to purchase along with two airports during the current sale...

You need to transfer your license from the Flightsim Store to the new Orbx Direct store - instructions from Orbx as follows:

"Here's a really simple step-by-step guide to using the new OrbxDirect website and store, transferring your Orbx licenses from FSS and using FTX Central V3 (FTXCv3).

Firstly, visit the new OrbxDirect website at https://orbxdirect.com/

You'll be shown a login screen. If you don't have an account, click on Need an account? Please note that this account is NOT linked to your forum access.

You will then be prompted to complete a registration form.

If at all possible, use the same email address as you used in your Flightsimstore.com account. Once you've added your information click on the  Register button.

When you click Register you'll receive a validation email from Orbx, so just click the link in the email. Once your account is validated you'll be able to log into the OrbxDirect website.

Now let's transfer all your purchases from the Flightsimstore.com (FSS). You can skip this step if you don't want to do this now, and come back to it at any time, no pressure. Click on Account, then  FSS License Transfer .

Type in your email address (again, preferrably the same one you used at FSS), then click  Request FSS License Transfer .

You will then receive an email from FSS asking you to take a few further steps to complete the transfer.

You will find the new OrbxDirect website is laid out differently and is less cluttered than before. Take some time to have a look around and see where everything is. We've added over 2,500 brand new screenshots and we hope you like the revised format.

Now you're ready to download the new FTX Central V3. Click on the  Get FTX Central  button on the main page."

The rest of using FTXC is pretty straightforward. 

Cheers

Paul Hand

16 hours ago, AA777-223 said:

Since I was banned for life at the Orbx forum (don't care for John V's dictatorial tendencies), I wanted to know how I get some older airports such as Eagle County and Southampton Airport (purchased from the prior Australian website) into Prepar3d V4? Also wondering if I can use my photo-scenery with Orbx's Global Base Pack by layering above it in the scenery library?

Any help is appreciated, Darryl

Btw, I don't own Global Base but plan to purchase along with two airports during the current sale...

Being banned over there will not affect your ability to transfer the licenses, get Central V3...and do the installs.

And yes you can add photo scenery and place above FTX stuff if you would like.

Finally, why don't you try eating some humble pie and ask politely if you could please return to their site and forums as a full signed in member?  It can't hurt and it might make life a lot easier.

cheers

Bryan.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3