Sign in to follow this  
Guest ranco1

FS9 Uninstall question

I think I have to uninstall FS9 because I seem to have messed up the FSFolder and FS won't open.. long story. (I'll make a back up next time)My question.. if I just run the FS9 "Uninstall" program will it also uninstall my addons- PMDG Beeech 1900C&D, AeroworxKing Air 200, Aussisim Warrior, BEV, U Terrain, and a few free airports and planes. Or do I have to uninstall the payware first to be sure everything is gone. And are there other things I should do before I re-install FS and addons?Thank you for whatever time you can take to help..

Thanks Alex,I assume the scenery also. What should I do with the 'Free' planes and scenery that have no uninstaller?How do I make sure everything is gone?

Guest ranco1

Hi Bill,Just follow this quick guide1)Press start go to all programs and uninstall alll the possible ones you can unistall there like payware. 2)Then go to control panel and add/remove porgrams remove all the ones you can from there. 3)Then uninstall the game, sometimes other programs overite the fs2004 unistaller so when you want to unistall fs2004 it will uninstall maybe ai traffic pack or something elses, in this case just insert disck 1 and run the setup, choose to unistall. 4)Go to c/programsfiles/microsoftgames delete the fs9 folder because it will still have some stuff in it like scenery and freeware planes etc... Sometimes it wont let you delete certain flies. Delete all possible files and then restart and try to delete the ones it did not let you delete, if it sill does not let you,try to move them or something elses if nothing works the best thing is to just ignore them. 5)Re-install everything and you are done and you are done.NOTE: During fs9 unistall if you want to keep settings and flighplans choose not to delete them when it asks you.Hope it helpsAlexhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Alex, You're a king..!I'll give it all a shot..Thank you for taking the time with all the gazillion things you must have to do..