Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Clouds settings don't cooperate?

Hey everyone. I have something making me scratch my head. Why when I set my clouds in FS9 to cirrus in user defined weather, the end result is always culmulus? I don't want culmulus as it kills FPS. Any suggestions. I have never been able to put my finger on as to why FS9 ignores my cloud setting? The only add-on I have that involves weather is FE2004. I also don't recall seeing this happen until fairly recently, and I have not changed anything in this department recently. Thanks for any help on this matter.

Just a friendly bump.....Has anyone had this happen to them??

>Hey everyone. I have something making me scratch my head. Why>when I set my clouds in FS9 to cirrus in user defined weather,>the end result is always culmulus? I don't want culmulus as it>kills FPS. Any suggestions. I have never been able to put my>finger on as to why FS9 ignores my cloud setting? The only>add-on I have that involves weather is FE2004. I also don't>recall seeing this happen until fairly recently, and I have>not changed anything in this department recently. Thanks for>any help on this matter.Hi Jeff -Do you have dynamic weather set on FS9?Also, you said the only add-on you have is FE2004, but have you installed FSUPIC at all for any reason? Somethings it might convert your clouds selections.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Good morning Reed, Thanks for your reply. I have to check the dynamic weather setting. I don't use online weather, just user defined. I will check this morning to see what things are set to. As far as FSUIPC goes, I have the unregistered version that is standard in FS9. I don't know which version due to the fact any newer add-on aircraft may have updated me to a newer version. The last I checked, it was 3.4.1.1 I think. Anyway, I will report back later today. Thanks again.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi, I was wondering if it is something to do with altitude and/or general weather settings-like cirrus clouds are fine weather, summery type things and cumulus for the other 11 months of the year.Maybe if you change the season as well you'll get the cirri,er cirruses.Andy.

Sorry if this seems obvious, but Cirrus clouds only appear at veryhigh altitudes. Also at fairly small temp/dewpoint variance. I have found the weather "Engine" in FS9 to be rather picky whenit comes to "User defined" weather that would not meet parametersin real weather conditions. Denny

Hey Denny, you are correct about the obvious. I did a flight tonight and was happy with the results. I set weather to clear, hit OK, then went back in hit user defined and changed the vis to 30 miles. The amount of culmulus at the beginning was none of course, then slowly they started to build. I have my changing weather setting on mild. The bottom line was better performance for me. By the end of my flight, the overall amount of clouds were much less than choosing few that are built into the fair weather theme. I also noticed from another post that setting clouds to 100% 3D improves performance. I am beginning to believe this since I did that. Who knows?? My other alternative is a weather program in addition to my FE2004. It's the on going saga of the persuit to performance perfection. Thanks for all of your input everyone. Have a great night.