Sign in to follow this  
VFRHawk

Green status line and GPS Procedures

Hi,

Is there a way to turn off the green status line message in P3D V4 just for the DC6? It's useful during a procedure, but when it just says maintaining it's not overly useful and it blocks messages from other addons like AS and GSX.

Also, I was watching a YT vid of someone flying the DC6 in xplane (frooglesim most likely) and he seemed to be able to select approach procedures on the GPS.  I'll need to go back and find the right part of the right video, but whenever I try that in P3D I seem to just get a blank page.  Is there a simple and obvious step I'm missing - I just press PROC then then press ENT on Select approach?  I have a flight plan loaded.

Graham Smart

1 minute ago, VFRHawk said:

Hi,

Is there a way to turn off the green status line message in P3D V4 just for the DC6? It's useful during a procedure, but when it just says maintaining it's not overly useful and it blocks messages from other addons like AS and GSX.

Also, I was watching a YT vid of someone flying the DC6 in xplane (frooglesim most likely) and he seemed to be able to select approach procedures on the GPS.  I'll need to go back and find the right part of the right video, but whenever I try that in P3D I seem to just get a blank page.  Is there a simple and obvious step I'm missing - I just press PROC then then press ENT on Select approach?  I have a flight plan loaded.

Graham Smart

Not sure about Q1, but Q2: I believe the P3D GPS is based off the default GPS and doesn’t include any custom functions (like some of the payware add on GPS’s). I think the X-Plane GPS has more functionality. 

The green status line can be hidden. One of the option on the DC6 menu. I believe the intro manual covers them.

The default p3d GPS on which the DC6 GPS is based upon does not have this feature. F1 GNS on the other hand has them normally.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for the replies!

I found the way to turn the green status line off in Options - it threw me because the tooltip mentions turning off damage notifications, but it actually turns all notifications off!

Time to go look at the F1 GTN GPS...  More money spent!  :)

Graham

With the new offer for the F1 GTN that covers both 650 and 750 and for all sim worths every penny.

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

So, went and bought the F1 GTN.  Got it installed - it appears in the middle of the overhead and as a separate 2D panel.  How the h**l do you turn it on!?  Manual mentions that the Master Avionics switch does it, so I mapped a switch on my HOTAS, but that does nothing.. so I'm a bit stumped!

Graham

Hmm, presuming you mean the switch that choses between Ground Power and Aircraft Battery on the overhead below the Aux Fuel Booster pump switches, that has no effect for me?

I've just gone through a cold and dark start and still got just a blank panel for GPS.  I've double checked that the MS Visual C++ is installed as that's also mentioned in the manual.  I've switched back and forth between ground power and aircraft battery.  Still nothing.

Make sure the following switches are ON

Plane battery/Ground power switch to ground power.

Battery and ground power switch to ON (ie in up position)

All 3 inverter switches to ON

The GTN should turn on and go through the init process.

If the above does not help then select cold and dark and let the AFE go through the before start. If this does not work as well install the GTN to another aircraft and check if it works there.

Chris Makris

Got it going eventually...

Made an exception in my AVG software to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\GTNSysV621

Then started the trainer outside of the sim, which worked, and now when I open the sim all seems well.

Just got to work out how to use it now!  :)

Thanks for all the help.

No problem :) Although I am under the impression the trainer runs automatically

Chris Makris