Sign in to follow this  
AnkH

FSPainter payware AI models

Hi all,

As my v4 is more and more ready for full blown flights finally, I started again to slightly update my AI traffic. And in the course of doing this, I stumbled on those FSPainter payware AI models such as the A380 and others. Now, I wonder: if the download of this AI model alone without textures is already more than 200 megabytes, is there not a huge FPS impact when using this model as AI traffic? I mean, the TFS A380 is about 2-3 megabytes without textures... And in my AI Model folder, it takes 20-30 models to reach those 200mb of the FSPXAI A380. So, my question:

How big is the FPS impact by using all of the FSPainter AI traffic models that are payware? Any experience on this? Thanks for any hints.

Regards

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

They are quite good and look good. They are actually optimized better than older AI models. The downloads are large because they come with several different models and a few paints already.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Ok, that sounds promising. Interesting though that there is nothing written about already included repaints on their product page(s). I think I will give them a try and start with the A380 (don't really like the TFS model...).

Do you use them in your setup? FPS really only marginally affected?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The models look very nice, but I personally feel that the existing freeware AI models are very good quality. Having to pay for AI planes is not part of my master plan :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I use adapted WOAI and current AIG flight plans and have slowly substituted the aircraft with the best looking AI models I can find. The best so far are the newer FSX FAIB models and the current FSPainter models. It's worth it. The older models are just not quite as good as the newer upgraded models both in looks and how they fly in P3D and FSX. Try the A380 and see how it goes.

Lee H

Ok, got the A380, performance is great. But what I observed instead:

2017-8-10_21-44-9-151nlrin.jpg

As you can see, the newly downloaded FSP A380 works perfectly. However, the FSP A350 seems to have shadows inverted. How can that be? I checked my repaints, they look all the same for the A350. I checked the files itself and they are not inverted. At least as I can judge... Any hints on this?

Greetings, Chris

I have purchased both the B777 pack and the A330 pack and have to say that the quality, particularly the 777, is superb. 

Given the amount of pleasure that I derive from departing and arriving at accurate and well populated AI airports, I feel that it's money well spent. 

Also, some of the top notch repaint sites are producing certain contemporary colour schemes for these models only. 

Gary

BTW: I found the most probable cause for the strange issue above thanks to their support via FB. I moved my complete AI traffic from v3.4 to v4, but of course (...) I forgot that some AI models have their general textures stored in the main texture folder. And this I did not copy, due to obvious reasons. I guess a complete new install of the FSP freeware models will solve this issue.

Greetings, Chris

It should also be know the TFS Mosels such as the a330x,a34x,a380 and the a77x are fs9 models with fax paints .  You'll end yup with planes that are missing landing gears and control surfaces.

Fsp models are great. I have them all including the 787s .  Can't say I've seen to much of a performance impact.  Perhaps however if you have dynamic lighting turned on that may be another thing.

ugcx_banner.png

Hi guys,

With you saying you have ALL the FSP models, could you please confirm if ALL the FSPXAI aircraft are P3Dv4 compatible.  Looking at Sim-Market I can only see the A380 for P3Dv4 and the B787 is listed for FS 2004.

Many Thanks

As long as an AI model is FSX compatible it will be okay in V4. It's FS9 models that don't work any more.

Lee H

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

SimMarket FSPXAI page:

http://secure.simmarket.com/fspxai.mhtml

B777, A330, A340 and A380 are P3d compatible. The B787 presently is not.  They also have a few other AI aircraft in development.

Not too sure if you know this, but the FSX/P3D FSPXAI 787 is freely available here in the library:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fspainter+787&CatID=root&Go=Search

It's only the FS9 model that's payware.

Gary