Sign in to follow this  
Bjartie

ATC accents

Does anyone know if there is software that can change the FSX ATC accents from American to the local accent wherever you are flying? I know about PRO ATC-X, it is much too complex for me. This may come as a shock to some but I don’t want to be a real world pilot. Flight sim for me is entertainment and fun. The default flight planer in FSX is fine by me. I’m not bothered about SIDS and STARS (though I know what they are). All I want is local accents. Free is good but I’m willing to pay for something that works. Thanks!

PF3 ATC has local accents. It is somewhat complex, but you don't need to use all complexity:

- Use the default flight planner, PF3 will load those plans.

- Don't enable SIDs or STARs, then PF3 will vector you from takeoff to the first waypoint and from the last waypoint to the ILS.

- If you enable the virtual co-pilot (mode 2), it will do almost all ATC handling, so you can concentrate on flying and navigating.

There is a demo available on http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pf3_trial.htm (but it contains only a very limited set of voices: 3 out of 119 aircraft/controller voices + 1 of 4 ATIS voices), so you can see if it fits your expectations.

One tip: I would suggest using an IFR flight plan and flying between towered airports at first, otherwise you would need to manually initiate some calls which in IFR your co-pilot can do.

You can decompile the default ATC sound container file and have all of the 65161515610 (estimation) sound samples rerecorded in whatever local accent you wish, but it's a question of effort vs. benefit (and cost).

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I have been using Pro Flight Emulator (PFE) together with FDC Live Cockpit (FDC) by OnCourse-Software for a number of years now and I can highly recommend them. PFE replaces the default ATC and includes many voice sets with different English accents, taxi guidance system both verbal and visual and many other improvements. FDC acts as a copilot, performing checklists ext. also has cabin crew announcements, again with different accents. You can buy them individualy or together. They have been tweaked to work together.
OnCourse Software also have the new version out PF3-ATC.

• Upvote 1

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg