Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Black models / texture on AI in v4

HI also, getting back into the flying game, I tried logging into vpilot today. Wow, it is empty.

However, the few planes I saw, SOME of them were black, or only the fuselage was black. Or worse, only the lights were visible.

Is that because of v4? or something else?

vkr

victor

Victor Roos

It's because of v4 models there have been I'd guess 20 topics on this already.  

You've a few options here.  

Download the Ivao model set for v4 (I think it exists) 

Use UT Live models (I think nearly all of them are native v4 models)

Download a copy of manually coverted models from tfs, aardvark,  fsp,Aig, etc etc.

Cheers.  Maybe someone can pin a topic about the ai native models issue.

14ppkc-6.png

I tried to register for alpha india, but I'm not confirmed yet, haha

Victor Roos

1 hour ago, Victoroos said:

where do you see the v4 conversion program? I'm looking at the forums but can't find it..:S

Program in this case means an initiative rather than tangible tool. I did see someone mention something with LUA script, but I have not looked into it. You'll need to read through the forum to get the converted models and the instructions for each model/corresponding textures. It is a pretty big undertaking, and as of now, I have not seen a way to automate the texture conversion.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

49 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Program in this case means an initiative rather than tangible tool.

Yes, a rather poor choice of words.  They are converting the models individually for P3Dv4 use.

23 minutes ago, MatthewLee said:

Yes, a rather poor choice of words.  They are converting the models individually for P3Dv4 use.

that is fine :). Still, is there like azip already for it? Or am I just missing . too early. Cause it is a shame to fly on vatsim and have all the bombardiers flying around :D

Victor Roos

Each individual model is available for download.  AIG already assume you have the older models installed.  You copy the model files to the relevant folder and lightmaps too.  Some models need alphas imported.  All of the info is on the website, but it is rather labour intensive.  No installers, I'm afraid.

37 minutes ago, MatthewLee said:

Each individual model is available for download.  AIG already assume you have the older models installed.  You copy the model files to the relevant folder and lightmaps too.  Some models need alphas imported.  All of the info is on the website, but it is rather labour intensive.  No installers, I'm afraid.

I have asked this twice on AIG's forum and once on the UTL forum, but I can't find an answer.

What is the significance of the alpha? If it isn't added, what happens?

That seems like it is the most labor intensive part of the process, and I am wondering if it is optional. Also, do FSX repaints typically include the alpha channel already or is this a V4 thing?

Thanks for any insight you can provide. 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Without the alpha:

PYtKERqeRGAT4tcPMaEYavVo0pUDvLRU4WDoCA85

With the alpha:

SErq9j79qifqt0ED8Ujh6sXHv5-_O8zZcaASIx21

Of course, this is only a problem if you install the lightsplash image into your main texture folder.

Without it, you won't get this abberation, nut nor will you get the lighsplash from the take-off lights.