Sign in to follow this  
Johan Durand

Steering tiller

My question is quite simple ; if I assign an axis on my joystick(=rotation Rz) for the axis steering in p3dv4 will it work in the PMDG as the tiller only?

I prefer ask before assign as this is a new possibility in v4 but as my platform is stable and pmdg aircraft wonderful I don't want any issu ...

Regards

I asked about this in a support ticket. At the moment PMDG don't support the P3Dv4 steering axis but they did say they would consider the idea. No guarantees but it might happen. 

ki9cAAb.jpg

I've assigned the P3D4 steering axis to a seperate device (old console controller).  Works for NWS but doesn't actuate the body gear.  I need to use the rudder control if I want both.

Yes, that was the subject of my ticket, the body gear not working when using the steering axis. The turn radius isn't affected. It's a visual problem only.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi All,
Are we talking about body gear steering of the 747-400 or the rearmost axle on the maingear of the 777.
I think that the turning radius is not affected but only the wear of the tires and reducing the stress on the main gear.
For a 747-400 the body gear steering is automatic armed for taxi. At about 20 degree nosewheel steering and a speed <15 kts it is active

Regards
Jo va Bra

What works for me with the 737 NGX is assigning an axis to Steering Set through FSUIPC (send to FS as normal axis).

In that way, when checking flight controls I can move the rudder and can test on the lower DU that it's actually working.

Also on the outside view the rudder doesn't move when moving steering tiller set as i mentioned above.

The rudder will still move the steering tiller when taxiing but obviously what you'll use to taxi is the steering tiller.

Hope it helps, this is the best work around for me until PMDG make a separate tiller for the NGX.

Sergio Naiberg

Hello guy's and thank's for your interest and all the replies on this topic.

So I have submitted a ticket at PMDG and they answer me it should work but if actionning the NWS the rudder should work too. 

In my case I have decided to try to see; I have fsuipc5(but no registered ); I have a rudder pedals for my rudder and my joystick can rotate so the goal was to assign the steering tiller axis to the rotate function of my joystick instead of rudder.

So through v4 I have assigned then reinstall fsuipc , reboot and there what was my surprise when activating the steering tiller no rudder was run beside but they are functionaly in a separate way...

So to answer at my question and in my case ; yes it works and greats :=)

Have an amazing time this V4 is the one of our dream ;)

Hi guys

Yes I was thinking of this to, and quick test seems to work but would like a dedicated controller so thinking of getting another Saitek quadrant so I have : Tiller, Gear, Trim / Spoilers,Throttle, Flaps.

Will test more, I have registered FSUIPC especially with 'Steering Set' or 'Tiller'...just got the beast to 16GB ,,,what a difference so splashing out now for realism

Cheers