Sign in to follow this  
JP_Visser

can't the guy read?

I just don't get it why he does it. Does he make a lot of money? I think it's hard to make money off a website these days. Maybe he just suffers from some mental disorder.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Ferdi's somewhere in Spain. Not impossible to visit in person but gets kinda expensive :)

Guest Philip Olson

Actually no, I don't think he suffers from a mental disorder, he just has not grown up yet. Look at the situation, he talks to his imaginary friends (lawyers), he thinks that all of the toys are his to do with as he pleases, and when he does not get his way he throws a temper tantrum. Just like three year old. :-lol Honestly, I think that it is an ego thing for him, I believe that he wants to be known to everyone as a kind, giving person, but also well known, if not the best known in FS circles. The fact that he argues so strongly that what he does is right and will not even consider that what he is doing is wrong says that he has some internal need to do what he does. It is just sad that people can not see truth beyond themselves. Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

If he wanted his site to be recognized as a serious FS site I think the best thing to do would be to obey the wishes of addon developers who don't want their files uploaded there. If the site's good otherwise, people might come back though it's unlikely at this point.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

We need to organize a mass emailing to the companies that advertise on his site. We need to let them know that as long as they advertise with him they are supporting software piracy and we as the flight simming public will boycott all their products until they discontinue working with him. You've got to stick it to him where it hurts-his bank account.:-hang

>We need to organize a mass emailing to the companies that>advertise on his site. We need to let them know that as long>as they advertise with him they are supporting software piracy>and we as the flight simming public will boycott all their>products until they discontinue working with him. You've got>to stick it to him where it hurts-his bank account.>>:-hang i will even go one step further:as most of the companies advertising with him do have antipiracy measures in place themselves,i feel they are being hypocrits for supporting his site,when it clearlyviolates the wishes of many authors,as i do know that i'm not the first.not even the 100th person,i think.also,it is quite obvious that most,if not alladdon companies do visit Avsim once in a while.personally,i won't buy nothing from anybodyadvertising on that site,haven't done so in the past,never will in the future.tataJP.

Guest Madtrapper

Hi JP:I agree with you 100%.Just looking at the FS Planet Store Market and what is available there,I guess I won`t be buying payware or hardware from anybody!They all seem to be on his site and for sale.Why do these companies not seem to have a problem being there....go figure http://kazanriver.sphosting.com/images/avban1.jpgTrapperIditrod coming March 5/2005

>Hi JP:>I agree with you 100%.Just looking at the FS Planet Store>Market and what is available there,I guess I won`t be buying>payware or hardware from anybody!They all seem to be on his>site and for sale.Why do these companies not seem to have a>problem being there....go figure it's just odd,they're all whining about piracy,inventing stuff that drives even the customers away,but a guy pirating free stuff apparently does a good job then.oh it's free,so that does not count or something.they could start showing they're serious by denying people like that their products.as long as they keep him in the air,i feel they should stop moaning themselves about pirated copies of their software,after all,what that site does is exactly what they don't wanthappening with their own files.you harvest what you sow eh.edit:it may sound harsh,but reality often is harsh.get over it ;)tataJP.

Guest jaapverduijn

"(...) You have placed your work in the public domain (...)"On the contary! His conditions make completely clear that "placing it in the public domain" is exactly what the did NOT!Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest jaapverduijn

Well, of course I'd combine it with a nice holiday! Five minutes to make Ferdy see the errors of his ways, and then two weeks to rejoice in his repentence while pottering about in the sun with a bunch of Iberian beauties! Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

You can't tell who supports him by looking at what he sells.If he has a source of supply from a single wholeseller who stocks products from a dozen companies, are you going to boycot all those companies?

Guest DemolitionMan

It always amazes me that Ferdy has been able to get away with all this for so long.Looking at it from quite another angle:How would it be when somebody hacks his site? A nice juicy Denial-of-Service attack would maybe force him to change his tune.Of course I'm not advocating this personally (perish the thought :-) ),I wouldn't have a clue how to do it anyway, but it's amazing that nobody has ever thought of doing something like that, taking his notoriety into account. Just a thought...BestGrahame (EDHL)

>You can't tell who supports him by looking at what he sells.>If he has a source of supply from a single wholeseller who>stocks products from a dozen companies, are you going to>boycot all those companies?>i already boycot every company whoseproducts are for sale at his site.even if it IS a single wholeseller,there are ways to make sure he does not get to sell the stuff.i do not feel like i miss out on anything.and if i do,well,it saves me lotsa $$ too :)about the only thing i do not boycot is fs2004 itself.maybe i should.tataJP.