Sign in to follow this  
richie894

Ortho4XP, ZL changes around airports

Is there a setting to automatically create a higher zoom level around airports? Or do I have to go into each tile individually as I build it and draw the boxes for the areas manually?

Yes, I know I have seen a video on you tube about that, so try searching for it on the tube.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Hi,Ritchie

What I did was go into the ortho4xp cfg file & edit with notepad++ scroll down to roughly line 83 & you will see the airport info  Cover_airports_with highres=True, next line cover_extent=3, next line cover_ZL=19 save & exit. I use 19 but you can choose what ever you like.  Hope this helps

Ron

GLOBAL CONFIG

cover_airports_with_highres = True or False -> so yes use this feature or no don't use it.
cover_zl = 18 -> set the ZL you want for this area.
cover_extent = 2 -> number of kilometers that it will use the highres around the airport

If you want this everytime you fire up ortho4xp -> click WRITE TO GLOBAL CFG

Capture.thumb.JPG.694bb7a93d22e45abac12aff01d3c921.JPG

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne