Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Carenado C208 (and Cargomaster) released for XP11

I see Carenado have today released a new XP11-only C208.   It looks nice but most of the panel pics on their site are at night!    I'm wondering if it's essentially the same VC as in their 2010-released C208 for FSX, or whether it's been re-modelled at all.

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php?accion=product&correl=199

Quite fancy a Caravan in X-Plane :)

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Go ahead JYW and let us know. You know you want it :biggrin: I was curious too! I just bought their Seminole so I have to wait and fly this one for awhile.

Bob

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, N1G said:

Go ahead JYW and let us know. You know you want it :biggrin: I was curious too! I just bought their Seminole so I have to wait and fly this one for awhile.

Bob

I don't own the XP10 version of the Carenado C208, which makes it a little easier to justify forking out for this XP11 specific version! :biggrin:   I suspect I will cave in and pick it up soon.   The Seminole is pretty good in X-Plane,eh? ; definitely one of the better Carenado XP offerings.

Bill

I've got the C208 for XP10, but I'm going to get this one too.  I believe I'm going to wait until Simmarket gets it.  It's getting too hard for me to find all of my purchases in my account at Carenado, since they don't have any kind of search or filter, and I have so many of their aircraft.

Simmarket has a great search and filter function for all of your purchases. I don't think anyone can match it.

Bob

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, FSXtreme said:

I've got the C208 for XP10, but I'm going to get this one too.  I believe I'm going to wait until Simmarket gets it.  It's getting too hard for me to find all of my purchases in my account at Carenado, since they don't have any kind of search or filter, and I have so many of their aircraft.

Simmarket has a great search and filter function for all of your purchases. I don't think anyone can match it.

Bob

Totally agree Bob.   The first purchase in my Simmarket account goes back to 2006 and I have a list so long, it would take me forever to scroll down it! :biggrin:   But never had any issues re-downloading old products (or indeed finding them) there.  

Bill

Yes, the Seminole is enjoyable. Never flew one but on landing flare it will drop like a rock if you don't have the proper airspeed. It is downright fun to fly.Thanks Carenado!  Please convert the 337?

Bob

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Totally agree Bob.   The first purchase in my Simmarket account goes back to 2006 and I have a list so long, it would take me forever to scroll down it! :biggrin:   But never had any issues re-downloading old products (or indeed finding them) there.  

Bill, I can relate. My purchases with Simmarket go back as far as yours.  That's a long time, and I can still download the first thing that I ever purchased from them. I have stuff that they don't even sell anymore, yet the product download is still there and available whenever I want it. It's really amazing!

I have tried to, for the most part, purchase my Carenado aircraft from the Carenado web store, but it is getting ridiculously hard to locate individual products and updates that I might be looking for.  Until the fix that, I'm going to buy their stuff from Simmarket now.

With Simmarket, all I have to do is type the name of any product that I have purchased in the search box and "Bingo", there is my purchase, ready for me to re-download.

Also, Simmarket is the only online store that tells me as soon as any product that I purchase from them is updated in any way. I get an email with the name of the new download that I can just copy/paste into the "Download" search box and "Bingo", there is my updated download. No one compares to Simmarket for customer service.  

Even with Aerosoft, I have to find updates by fishing through their forums or through the Avsim forums.  It's hit and miss. They have never sent me an email telling me that a product I purchased from them is updated.

I've made purchases from Flightsim Store, but never receive any notice of updates.

Even with X-Plane.org, the only way that I know that a product has been updated, is when they start selling it as a new product in their store. If I see the Rotate MD80 or FF767, advertised like a new product in their store, I know that I need to re-download it because it's been updated.

PC Aviator is probably one of the worst because they don't even let you re-download your purchases after the download expires. So I buy very little from them. Also they don't notify you of any updates to products. At least that has been my experience.

JustFlight is not too bad, but they don't have any search/filter for purchases either. It's just listed in my downloads.

I wish all of the webstores would take an example from Simmarket. It would be nice.

Bob

I have downloaded and installed it, but I have not flown it yet

One thing I discovered, is that it does not use the liveries from the XP10 version, so I will still be flying the XP10 one in XP11

10 hours ago, rat7 said:

I have downloaded and installed it, but I have not flown it yet

One thing I discovered, is that it does not use the liveries from the XP10 version, so I will still be flying the XP10 one in XP11

Let us know what you think.

Bob

19 minutes ago, N1G said:

Let us know what you think.

Bob

I will, on Sunday or Monday (my days off) I will fly it and see if it is really that different from the XP10 version

23 minutes ago, rat7 said:

I will, on Sunday or Monday (my days off) I will fly it and see if it is really that different from the XP10 version

That'd be great.   Although PBR is a fantastic effect, I'm hoping that the new version isn't 'just' the addition of PBR materials and textures.   Very hard to see from the screenshots on Carenado's website to see if the VC has been updated at all.

Bill

Yes, screenshots are difficult, and that is why the dev's reputation is what you should lean on first IMO.

Bob

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

So no discount X-Plane 10 owners like myself then from what I can see :( 

I am not sure what the deal is there. Contact them and then post back if you would.

3 hours ago, steve310002 said:

So no discount X-Plane 10 owners like myself then from what I can see :( 

Carenado have stated that there will be no discounts. I think the reason given was that it would be too hard to organize across the multiple retail outlets they use. I think it was a mistake not to try harder to allow even a small discount, but hey, it's their show.

Regarding the cockpit modeling, I think the only changes are scaling up texture resolution where needed, and that may only apply to the older models. I don't think the cockpits themselves have been changed. Most of the work is in dealing with the new XP11 turboprop engine model, and getting the flight model performance numbers back up to spec. Plus some external PBR eye candy (reflective prop spinner, etc.)

It would be nice to get a glass cockpit version of the C208, and it's a shame the C208 still doesn't have a float version. Right now they're busy trying to get everything moved into XP11 versions, so it may be a long time before we see anything major like that.

Me, I'm holding off on the v11 C208 for now. I still have the v10 version that doesn't fly too badly in XP11. The one I really want is the PC-12, and I think that's coming up soon. I fly the v10 model in FSEconomy and the turboprop issues are a bit worse on that one.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor