Sign in to follow this  
Binford

Taxi Thrust P3Dv4

Hello everybody,

i just did my first flight in P3Dv4 and with the NGX. I noticed that i need significant higher thrust to let the aircraft roll compared to the FSX.

Is that just with me or is that a normal behavior with P3Dv4?

Greetings
Michael

fslabs_banner.png

Not having any idea what you were used to in FSX and what you are now using in P3D... how can one even try to answer this?  A few facts please, what N1 values are you using with which variant and what GW?  Seems to me that I can use somewhere around 24-26%N1 to sustain a taxi with occasional braking in a heavy B739 and of course it takes more to break away and start rolling.  Perhaps 35%N1.

Dan Downs KCRP

Maybe you're used to the 747 and 777 with the 'ground roll friction' feature? As far as I know the NGX doesn't have that yet, maybe that is your issue? 

On 10/08/2017 at 10:30 PM, downscc said:

Not having any idea what you were used to in FSX and what you are now using in P3D... how can one even try to answer this?  A few facts please, what N1 values are you using with which variant and what GW?  Seems to me that I can use somewhere around 24-26%N1 to sustain a taxi with occasional braking in a heavy B739 and of course it takes more to break away and start rolling.  Perhaps 35%N1.

I too use an average of 25% N1 during taxi pre flight, about 27% to get rolling and 23-24% post flight. 

For me the NGX in v4 behaves exactly like it did in FSX without dynamicfriction. I just hope that Pete Dowson can figure out how to adapt that lua to x64, or (preferably) that PMDG would be able to add the friction models of the 747 into the NGX without rebuliding the whole thing. I am just so annoyed every time I taxi this thing, if it hadn't been stellar at everything else, I'd probably park it in sheer frustration. Taxiing can often take up the majority of time spent manually controlling the aircraft during a flight (5min taxi, 2min t/o, 3min landing, 5min taxi again, for example), it should definately not feel this wrong in a product this good.

• Upvote 1