Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

100 or 300 ?

Looking for a small jet for pd3v4 and thinking of the phenom 100 or 300. I realize the 300 is not yet out for v4 but would wait if some of you think it is much better than the 100. Which do you prefer for fps, systems, and other things. Also want to install gtn 750 in either one. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

+1   the 100 is a toy compared to the 300.

Although personally I like the old fashioned S550 more. Furthermore it has thrust reversers and a higher framerate.

Thanks, I think I will wait for the 300 to be v4 compatible then.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I am delighted with my 300 and am a bit frustrated by having to revert to v3 every time I "fly" it, but am sure it will be worth the wait. 

What happens, or doesn't happen, when you try to use it in v4?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

If that is the only problem then I might be able to fix that. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Paul,

Check out Ray Marshall's review.

I like the bird with Bert's GTN 750 mod.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

19 hours ago, gregmorin said:

I like the bird with Bert's GTN 750 mod.

Greg

+1

Love the airplane with the GTN 750.

Ok I am sold but they do not have this for P3Dv4 and not sure they will. I have also considered the Hawker which is ready for v4 and has a GTN 750 mod. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I would think if the Hawker is ready for v4 that the Phenom 300 will be too? They are pretty good at responding to questions on their FB page, might want to ask them. I have both the Hawker and Phenom 300 with the GTN 750 mods and really enjoy both of them. I increased the thrust-scalar a little bit in the Hawker because it felt a little under powered. If I had to pick one it would probably be the Phenom 300 just because I like the looks, but the Hawker is nice too!

Good luck

Martin

Thanks Martin, could you tell me the fps you get with the Hawker and then the 300?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I have a 4790K @4.0 and a GTX 980 video card and have my FPS set at 31fps and Orbx Global, NA LC and all the NA regions and flying over that area I pretty much get the 31fps I have it set at, the only exception is flying around Southern CA and LAX where 21 -25 is more common. Have sliders set pretty modest and there is very little difference in FPS between the Hawker and the Phenom. On my rig they don't seem that hard on fps. Also if you do ask Carenado on their FB page about when the Phenom will be ready for v4, ask that on their Message window not on the comment section, they don't seem to reply to any comments.

Cheers

Martin