Sign in to follow this  
jdwgraf

When a developer uses one of your paints in the product

On 11-8-2017 at 9:46 AM, jdwgraf said:

@warriorpilot

Didin't find out until after product was released , was my first ( and probably last ) . Altering a PDF file is not that much work , I do it myself all the time . Once they had a few thousand DVD's pressed there's not a lot they could have done . I would have thought that naming the author would have been the decent ( normal ) thing to do , more fool me .

John

Not really clear to me is:
Did you contact the vendor after you discovered your livery being used?
I may be mistaken, I get the impression , the vendor informed you about your livery being removed from the next version, because he has seen fuzz about it on a forum (this forum?)

You wrote : Well , it seems that the developer came up with a solution all by himself 

I get the impression you had no private contact with him before complaining here at this AVSIM-forum, in wich case I can imaginge him being irritated and skipping your livery.

I cannot imagine when you would have contacted the vendor privately, saying  "You used a paint I made without mentioning me as the maker of it in the manual. I would appreceate to see my name stated in the manual"
I can imagine his reaction would be way different.

Zoals we in Nederland zeggen "het is de toon die de muziek maakt"    aka     " it is not what you say, it is the way you say it ."

Just my 2 cts

Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen ,

The developer asked for permission to use the livery , I agreed but at that time did not make any demands for any form of payment , nor did I expect any . I was contacted via PM just one time and never had any further exchange of information . Including my name in the manual would have been at least a common courtesy ( in my opinion ) .

I posted first on the developers own site and at a later stage here . I have contacted them in the past but usually end up with " promises " that are never kept . I saw no reason to start any conversations " privately " as the developwers " pride " themselves as being " open & honest " with the flightsim community - until of course that you do not agree 100% with their view of events . It's never nice to wash your dirty linen in public but they do like to play the " victim " even when they are the cause of any disagreements or misundertandings .

My intention in posting here was to find out if any other painters have had their work added to a product and what they experienced . As stated it was a first for me , so had no idea how you should go about this .

I have at no stage mentioned which developer the only thing known is my own name , so if the reaction was because of my post here it has created more work for them than simply adding two names in the first place .

You know the person involved as well . ( line corrected and edited by mod.  Leen ) 

John

Things have been said and points of view expressed.
As the discussion is based on one side of the whole story and we do not get a reaction from the vendor who`s actions are discussed here........

Its time to close this topic.

So I did.

PS
If the vendor involved wants to give his reaction here on this topic, he just has to send me a PM, asking me to re-open the topic.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints