Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Help making a flatten file

I have scenery for Wawa airport and around the end of runway 21 the ground bleeds through the scenery. I think a flatten file will fix this but I don't know how to make one. Can someone explain to me how to make a flatten file for this airport?

The scenery can be found here in the library (3_northern_ontario_airports.zip is the file name). The other 2 sceneries in that file work fine.

Easiest to use ADE9. Open airport from bgl. then click on the green polygon icon and click the boundaries of your flatten area. Save & compile. You will get 2 afcads, put the one with the TER in file name in the world scenery folder. Replace the old AFCAD with the new one.

Thanks. I will try it tomorrow and see if I can make a flatten for this scenery.

Ok I got the flatten file made and it did fix most of the bleed through, but there still is bleed through problems on the apron near the terminal that I can not seem to fix. I will keep working on it.

There have been times that I have used additional flatten areas and slightly adjusted the elevation to fix some problems, but this is really a trial and error procedure.  Good luck.