Sign in to follow this  
JYW

P3Dv4 very stuttery, with TrackIR?

6 hours ago, JYW said:

Thanks for the info - looks interesting - however the article states that fast sync is only available for 1080 and 1070 cards (and oddly 600 cards too). I'm using a 770 so no good.

The article says: "The Fast option is currently only available under the Vertical Sync setting in the Nvidia Control Panel for GTX 1080 and 1070 GPUs, but can also be enabled for the GTX 600 series and above using Nvidia Inspector as covered here". The link then takes you to this: "With 368.22 you can enable Fast Sync using Nvidia Inspector. Under the vertical sync setting choose 0x18888888. The Nvidia control panel will now show custom under the vertical sync option. Make sure you disable normal vertical sync in your games" - this worked for me with my old 970 card.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

15 hours ago, vortex681 said:

The article says: "The Fast option is currently only available under the Vertical Sync setting in the Nvidia Control Panel for GTX 1080 and 1070 GPUs, but can also be enabled for the GTX 600 series and above using Nvidia Inspector as covered here". The link then takes you to this: "With 368.22 you can enable Fast Sync using Nvidia Inspector. Under the vertical sync setting choose 0x18888888. The Nvidia control panel will now show custom under the vertical sync option. Make sure you disable normal vertical sync in your games" - this worked for me with my old 970 card.

Hey @vortex681 - You're right, and top of my list for today was to revisit this very topic and say a huge THANK YOU !!    I set the fast sync code in NI and my word - smoothness galore !!!!    It is a HUGE difference.   Thank you so much.   I knew nothing of this feature and it has transformed my performance in both P3Dv4 and XP11  :gaul:   I owe you a beer, sir !

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

17 hours ago, vortex681 said:

Thanks for the info.  :biggrin:  I will give that a try.  I have a GTX 970 GPU.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Hey @vortex681 - You're right, and top of my list for today was to revisit this very topic and say a huge THANK YOU !!    I set the fast sync code in NI and my word - smoothness galore !!!!    It is a HUGE difference.   Thank you so much.   I knew nothing of this feature and it has transformed my performance in both P3Dv4 and XP11  :gaul:   I owe you a beer, sir !

I'm a little skeptical about NI because I have seen no reason to have it with p3d v4, but your enthusiasm is cajoling me to try it. Unlike FSX where NI showed instant results, I have not seen any changes with NI and my gtx 970.

Time to download 368.22.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

I'm a little skeptical about NI because I have seen no reason to have it with p3d v4, but your enthusiasm is cajoling me to try it. Unlike FSX where NI showed instant results, I have not seen any changes with NI and my gtx 970.

Time to download 368.22.

Although I wasn't using NI with P3Dv4 (or XP11) either, I installed it afresh again, just to try the fast sync.  The difference I am seeing is night and day, but this is of course dependent on if/how you were using Vsync.   If you have vsync off, the fast sync won't make any difference.  But if like me you use TrackIR, so need good vsync performance, the fast sync basically gives the same performance as if you have vsync off.  For me, that's a game changer.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

16 hours ago, JYW said:

I set the fast sync code in NI and my word - smoothness galore !!!!

Glad it's worked for you. This seems to have been the case for most people who've tried it.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

Glad it's worked for you. This seems to have been the case for most people who've tried it.

What driver are you using?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 13/08/2017 at 11:51 AM, DJJose said:

What driver are you using?

I'm currently using 384.76 but fast sync has been available in all drivers since 368.22.