Sign in to follow this  
pizman82

ADF1 StBY Readout

Hi Guys

I Use FSX and search for a way to readout the PMDG ADF1 STBY Frequency.....

It look like this is a internal Variable cause the data of FSUIPC Standard Offset for this is different to the used frequency...    Is this Value supportet as a FSUIPC Offset Output OR is there a way to readout this value otherway (Maby with SIOC?) ?

Basicly i think about a alternate with using FSX internal system and ignoring the PMDG Display and EventInputs.... 

BUT It seems that FSX not allow me to manipulate the STBY Value....   A Writing of the Offset is not posible and the EventID´s of FSX are only availible for ADF Aktive  NOT for Stby.  BUT I planing with a Two Display Panel that looks 1:1 to the PMDG Panel....   So Controlling the ACTIVE Display is a not perfect solution !

So i know the last option will be a self written LUA Script that create a variable i can use... BUT   If theres a way to readout the PMDG Internal Value i can use the PMDG Inputs and will save a lot of work.

Anybody can help me here ??   Thanks !

1 hour ago, pizman82 said:

Hi Guys

I Use FSX and search for a way to readout the PMDG ADF1 STBY Frequency.....

It look like this is a internal Variable cause the data of FSUIPC Standard Offset for this is different to the used frequency...    Is this Value supportet as a FSUIPC Offset Output OR is there a way to readout this value otherway (Maby with SIOC?) ?

Basicly i think about a alternate with using FSX internal system and ignoring the PMDG Display and EventInputs.... 

BUT It seems that FSX not allow me to manipulate the STBY Value....   A Writing of the Offset is not posible and the EventID´s of FSX are only availible for ADF Aktive  NOT for Stby.  BUT I planing with a Two Display Panel that looks 1:1 to the PMDG Panel....   So Controlling the ACTIVE Display is a not perfect solution !

So i know the last option will be a self written LUA Script that create a variable i can use... BUT   If theres a way to readout the PMDG Internal Value i can use the PMDG Inputs and will save a lot of work.

Anybody can help me here ??   Thanks !

Have you looked at the PMDG SDK?

9 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Have you looked at the PMDG SDK?

Yes but i not found anything  .  Hope i have not overread it.

For me it looks like PMDG not support any Frequenca cause we can normaly use the FSX Internal System for this and all PMDG Values are simmular.

BUT ... In Case of ADF Standby it looks like PMDG use a internal variable that is not supported in the SDK via FSUIPC .   ( In Pete Dowsons FSUIPC List for PMDG737 theres NO Information, too)  Maby this is cause the FSX ADF Standby Offset is not working ( not writeable) and so PMDG build a provisional system.... BUT Then we need a Way to readout the Data!

So i know PMDG is not build to be a perfect Plattform for Homecockpits.... here we have ProSim or Magenta with more high costs..... BUT  You support 98% of all Data for Cockpitbuilders...   It´s a little confusing why the last 2% are missing.

PMDG uses SimConnect for ADF and do not have any own VARIABLES for either the Active or Standby frequencies. SimConnect has a known bug related to ADF Standby that prevents reading it.

So neither PMDG or FSUIPC can give you the values.

But, why do you need it as long as you have it correct in your hardware? PMDG do nothing with the Standby other than move it over to Active when TFR is pushed.

This means that both Active and Stanby are correct in your hardware, but Standby is not sync'd with PMDG.

Here is my SIOC code I use in OC4BAv4 scripts

Var 1808, name AC_ADF_BCD, static  // Active freq from SimConnect/PMDG
{
  L0 = FROMBCD &AC_ADF_BCD
  &ACT_ADF = L0    
  &AC_ADFHigh = DIV L0 ,100
  &AC_ADFLow = MOD L0 ,100
  CALL &OutA1Act     // display new freq value to ACTIVE display on hardware
}

Var 2809, name ADFtoNGX, static // Active freq to SIMConnect/PMDG

Var 0696, name bADF_TFR, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 10, Input 6, Type P
{
L0 = &ACT_ADF    
L1 = &ST_ADF    
&ST_ADF = L0    
&ACT_ADF = L1    
&ADFtoNGX = &ACT_ADF    
CALL &OutA1Stb       // display new freq value to STANDBY display on hardware
CALL &OutA1Act      // display new freq value to ACTIVE display on hardware

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

At first Thanks for Reply....

I´m sorry but i get no experience with Sim connect already....  At the moment i work with a software called "Mobiflight".

This is just a plattform to comunicate between my Hardware (Arduino) and FSUIPC. ...

So if a Value is not Supported on a FSUIPC Offset i can´t use it..... Only if i make a little LUA script maby that READOUT a Data and write it to a free FSUIPC Offset... So i can read THIS Offset with my Software.

On thing i not understand ....

23 hours ago, roarkr said:

But, why do you need it as long as you have it correct in your hardware? PMDG do nothing with the Standby other than move it over to Active when TFR is pushed.

Realy....   If i Use the Internal PMDG Event ID´s to manipulate the Standby Value it change the Frequency....

Thats why i think the PMDG must KNOW all the Time the Current ADF Standby Frequency ( Cause it sho it in The Virtual Cockpit on the Display )

If i be able to Readout exactly this Value that PMDG use to print on the Virtual Display i would be able to use the PMDG Internal EventID for the Encoders.

If i understand rigth with your logic and sioc Code...  i Make a "Bypass" that use a own (direct) setting of the Standby ( The Standby shown in virtual cockpit then is different). BUT Then you need a own logic to manipulate the value and can not longer use the PMDG Events... Right ??