Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The more I fly...the more I WANT to fly...

...just took a three hour night flight...and well...this sim grows all around you.  The star-filled night, the night breaking into dawn...as I flew down the coast of the St. Lawrence, towards Prince Edward Island, and then onto Nova Scotia.

There is a 'mood' to this sim....a feeling of 'texture' as you are enveloped in it.

The night environment, (with TrueSky) is so unlike both P3D and FSX...for one thing, the night sky has a true star canopy above you...there is even the Milky way...which brings home such a feeling of real life environment. The highways and feeder streets, are fully lit, no texture popping, the street lights come into view, as they would in real life...and of course, cars with headlights and taillights, just as seen in XP11. All road animation is dead smooth, with no start-stop chunk. None of that. 

This sim rocks...even in its current pre-release.

I was so wrong to judge this sim, as a 'been there, done that' ,without even spending so much as 15 minutes in flight...and ONLY because it was based on the ESP engine.   Well...they rebuilt, and supercharged it...

40 FPS, with all settings at Ultra...no sweat...and the sim animation is smooth as glass.

Folks, this is such a winner...the night environment in this sim, is AS GOOD, as XP11, but at the same time, has a more fluid feel...hard to put into words...perhaps stated as a 'living' feel...not antiseptic.  It might be the lighting engine, but there is even a moon cast over the terrain...and is downright...eerie.  You feel you are OVER this terrain...really flying over it.  I am so enjoying all the features to date, day flight, night flight, bad weather, snow or rain operations...

Folks...for anybody that has NOT climbed aboard...you are so grossly, missing out on a sim depiction, that is not duplicated in FSX, P3D, or even XP11. 

I have had them all...and this sim is 'different'.  It has....it has....'life-feel' (my phrase).  The best depiction of this...is (in my opinion) in the Cold Night flight scenario.  Take one of the birds up...settle in...climb to 3,500 feet...and rubber neck.  You will experience what I mean, about 'life-feel'.

Cheers,

Post Edit:  The Toronto area, in the Cold Night Scenario, is simply drop-dead gorgeous, with the sim at Ultra Settings.  Simply drop-dead gorgeous.  Take off from CYTZ, and head east towards Kingston, or head west along the Lake Ontario shoreline, towards Hamilton, and onto Erie....it is totally believable, what will be below your wing....I think it surpasses in many ways, what has always been the gold standard of night flying...the XP franchise.   FSX and P3D can't hold a candle to FSW's night environment, even with it at preview-release status.  This depiction, is 'living'....

Ses

• Upvote 5

I had the same experience. I never gravitated to GA planes because they were boring to me, but WOW, FSW changes all of that and I love the feeling of flying in this sim. I want to do more! 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

All sounds good. But until PMDG and FSlabs aren't there then I won't be using. Simply I use the sim for flying my heavy metal. So far it seems they are blocked off from them. 

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Yes, it has a good feel.. but until they fix their airplane avionics, it is sightseeing only..

Give it time - OK  :cool:

Bert

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Yes, it has a good feel.. but until they fix their airplane avionics, it is sightseeing only..

Give it time - OK  :cool:

Hi Bert...yeah..isn't it weird about that 'feel' to this sim.  I flew all of them yesterday (I also installed FSX:SE, so I can compare that as well...), P3D FSX:SE, XP11, and I just don't get that 'life-feeling' like I do inside FSW.  I can't put my keyboard 'finger' on it...just weird in a very good way. This sim, just seems to have 'atmosphere' about it....

I am all in for XP11...love the ortho and night operations...fly it every day...but I will also now fly FSW, as well, every day...and like many others have said, before I got into the arena...this sim GROWS on you. Yes...I'm on the same page for that!

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Hi Bert...yeah..isn't it weird about that 'feel' to this sim.  I flew all of them yesterday (I also installed FSX:SE, so I can compare that as well...), P3D FSX:SE, XP11, and I just don't get that 'life-feeling' like I do inside FSW.  I can't put my keyboard 'finger' on it...just weird in a very good way. This sim, just seems to have 'atmosphere' about it....

I am all in for XP11...love the ortho and night operations...fly it every day...but I will also now fly FSW, as well, every day...and like many others have said, before I got into the arena...this sim GROWS on you. Yes...I'm on the same page for that!

Cheers,

It sounds like you all are having that "flight experience" Steven Hood talked about.

"It doesn't real weather"

"It doesn't have the big planes"

"It doesn't have blah blah blah..."

It does have a unique feel and a "dedicated" team trying to put forth the best fight experience possible...from a PC. When those other "don't haves" get put in...it will be all the more amazing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

It sounds like you all are having that "flight experience" Steven Hood talked about.

"It doesn't real weather"

"It doesn't have the big planes"

"It doesn't have blah blah blah..."

It does have a unique feel and a "dedicated" team trying to put forth the best fight experience possible...from a PC. When those other "don't haves" get put in...it will be all the more amazing.

That´s what I think, It´s not there yet, but if DTG gets there, we will have an amazing FSim.

well I just had a great flight from KMRY to KSTS with 'Grey and Rainy' in the DA40.  Those clouds are sensational.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

2 hours ago, sightseer said:

well I just had a great flight from KMRY to KSTS with 'Grey and Rainy' in the DA40.  Those clouds are sensational.

"The are, aren't they?" :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

The more I fly, the more buy buttocks flatten.

Seriously though, FSW is coming along nicely.  DTG is stepping up to the plate and listening to the community and the results so far are certainly not perfect, but, for me, they have more than exceeded my expectations.  I rather enjoy this early access in order to grow with the sim.  I agree with others in that this sim "feels good".  That in and of itself is setting FSW apart from the pack in a good way.  Still a ways to go, but not a day goes by that I don't fire this puppy up and go for a pleasant flight here and yon.

Patience is virtue grasshoppas!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy