Sign in to follow this  
Guest thedoggg

Which B777 to Choose?

Guest ecv737

I am not a hard core virtual pilot, but would like to try my hand with the B777.Which do you recommend? The PSS triple 7 or the Feelthere Wilco B777 PIC.I am concerned with the time needed to learn one of these?Which one has a more friendly learning curve?How are they vis a vis Manuals and Tutorials based on real virtual flights.Can you import flight plans from FS9 into the FMC?Do they save the flight plan (if they do not feed from the FS9 planner and have to do the plan point by point?)Which of these is FPS friendlier (I bought the feelthere B737PIC and it is a hog on FPS's).How is PSS customer service these days?, I find that Feelthere through Wilco is shameful!Would appreciate your advice.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Feelthere's 777 is the best option for Edmundo though. I'd suggest he hold out until Feelthere releases it... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest NormanB

>Which do you recommend? The PSS triple 7 or the Feelthere>Wilco B777 PIC.No doubt someone will claim I am biased. I offer these answers as a simmer.>I am concerned with the time needed to learn one of these?>Which one has a more friendly learning curve?FT isn't yet released.PSS comes with manuals and a step by step tutorial.>How are they vis a vis Manuals and Tutorials based on real>virtual flights.FT isn't yet released.PSS detail in the manual and tutorial will allow you to follow real world procedures. The panel includes an electronic checklist.>Can you import flight plans from FS9 into the FMC?FT isn't yet released.PSS777 Yes.>Do they save the flight plan (if they do not feed from the FS9>planner and have to do the plan point by point?)See above>Which of these is FPS friendlier (I bought the feelthere>B737PIC and it is a hog on FPS's).FT isn't yet released. PSS777 is friendly with frame rates when compared to other similar add ons.>How is PSS customer service these days?, I find that Feelthere>through Wilco is shameful!I can't comment on FT's support. Whilst biased, I believe PSS support is one of the best.>I am not a hard core virtual pilot, but would like to try my>hand with the B777.Edmundo, whilst the PSS 777 can look a handful - it is after all modelling a complex aircraft - if you follow the tutorial step by step you will succeed. If, as I think you are inferring, that complex systems are not for you then I would side with Dillon.

I bought the PSS 777 and have enjoyed flying it for several months - it is in fact much easier to start up engines than other big jets and has realisitc systems including a working weather radar.John

Norman that is a very biased but true assessment... :-lolFor the record I own the PSS777 and find it a very worthwhile add-on. I find it one of best add-ons available these days. I'm looking forward to the PSS757 and updated A320 series... :-smile12

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest IanP

Can you post me a link to their announcement that they are working on a 777, please?Thanks in advance.Ian P.

My apoligies. I misread your question and thought it said 767. Sorry about that. ce

Hello,I would wait for the Feelthere Wilco B777 PIC.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Boxed PSS 777. Very good, no experience of others.Peter Sydney Australia

Hello Edumndo:IMHO it all depends on just how complex you want to be along with how much you want to spend.In terms of such, the PSS 777 may not be as detailed relative to working and REQUIRED switches, FMC provisions, and a few other things compared to a few other offerings, however, the price reflects anything that might be missing as well.It does have a reasonable FMS that will give you the simulation of flying a big bird, and is a real pleasure to fly. Like just about all of the PSS offerings, I think their purchase is a steal for the price.The time needed to learn it is moderate by comparison and the learning curve should not be too difficult. You say you are not hard core into this thing, but do seem to enjoy it. I think the PSS 777 is a dandy compromise, again particularly at the price. To wait for some of the future competitive offerings you mention sounds more hard core to me personally. What I am trying to say is that no, I don't believe it is quite in the PMDG 737/747 or LSD 767 league, but neither is the price, or the learning curve.The manuals and tutorial are more than adequate.I import my flights from FSNAV.Yes, flights are saved.I am afraid I have none of the others you compare. If you do want to go the max in hard core, you may want to wait (and save your $$$$).Customer service has been fine to me.Good luck:RTH

Guest FLEX

guys the feelthere b777 will not simulate the model realisticaly as they said they want it to be a user friendly. for what i understand its not gonna be the same level as the PSS. but remember guys, the wilco's 737 has a problem in FPS until now compared to the LEVELD and PMDG maybe it will happen in the B777.we dont know...many thanksraj

Guest thedoggg

I have the PSS and it works just fine and is not that hard. ####, I flew a succesful flight before I even read the manual(this is a bad habit of mine, when I buy a new plane I just have to get it in the air,manuals come later). I had already learned the FMC from the Level D 767 and PMDG 737/747 and this one isn't that much different. From what I understand, the Feelthere/Wilco will be less complex but will have a FMC although maybe not fully simulated. The PSS is not that hard on frames on my computer but neither is the 737pic you mentioned so I don't know how well it will perform on your system.