Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

gtn 750 for xplane 11

I know there are 2 750 add ons for x plane

one is allot let money but i have not used either the flightone  ( flight1) or reality xp  versions in xplane 11

just wondered if anyone has an experience with either and can speak t0 functionality or a recommendation

Note ; I do not have to have the gauge in the panel, a stand alone add on gauge is fine with me

Pete

The Flight 1 offering is FSX/P3D only.

David Porrett

I don't own either of them, but I have been doing similar research to you as regarding making a purchase. I understand that both are great and work well. However the Flight1 version allows you to have it standalone outside of the sim - i.e. on a tablet. The RXP one you have to have as a pop-up in your sim window.

So I guess it depends on what you need and whether you care about having it as a pop-up. If not, then you can save yourself $100.

I don't think that any right now are able to fit into the 3d cockpit - well not Carenado at least. I think RXP are waiting on Laminar Research to provide the development tools to be able to do that. Last I read was that it would probably not happen until at least v11.10 is released.

58 minutes ago, richie894 said:

I don't think that any right now are able to fit into the 3d cockpit - well not Carenado at least. I think RXP are waiting on Laminar Research to provide the development tools to be able to do that. Last I read was that it would probably not happen until at least v11.10 is release

Please allow me to clarify.

the Reality XP GTN Touch is a plugin which offers both 2D popup Windows and 3D panel integration.

Popup Windows will also be detachable like the default XP11 Gps Window once their SDK offers the capability to third party developers.

both 2d and 3D panels Windows support mouse interaction including the touchscreen. 

3d panel integration requires either a simple configuration file (documented) if there is a 3D polygon on the panel already there and mapping the panel texture (like it is done with the default GPS screen on 3D panels), otherwise, it requires creating one such polygon and this is a little more involved.

Please note this a X-Plane limitation which is not handling "gauges" as standalone entities (like in fltsim) but only as pre-assembled polygons all in a single aircraft model.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, richie894 said:

I don't think that any right now are able to fit into the 3d cockpit

It looks like it's certainly possible to get the RXP 750 into the default XP11 C172, at least with the new REP plugin, as JonFly has it here :-

(27:58)

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)