Sign in to follow this  
snapshot21

RealLight by TFDi Design

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The TFDi B717 doesn't get enough love around here, but a fleet consisting  of the B717, the NGX, the Triple 7 and the Aerosoft CRJ provides a variety of experiences, all of which are top notch. 

For some reason, I thought this ac was in a beta release, or something to that effect so I stopped looking at it. Is it V4 compatible?

50 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Thinking of buying their 717. Almost pulled trigger on CRJ but didn't for personal reasons. Is the 717 got most of the bugs worked out?

Still some issues here and there, however, they seem pretty active in getting everything resolved and have been releasing quite a few updates recently. I will say RealLight does look amazing on my system, definitely a game changer from the previous lighting system they used.

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

too many apps that do the same thing, this reminds me of FSLabs Spotlight.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, newtie said:

For some reason, I thought this ac was in a beta release, or something to that effect so I stopped looking at it. Is it V4 compatible?

The P3d3 version of the B717 is not a beta release. The P3d4 version is an opt-in beta, but it's very stable, IMO.

On 8/14/2017 at 1:15 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

The TFDi B717 doesn't get enough love around here, but a fleet consisting  of the B717, the NGX, the Triple 7 and the Aerosoft CRJ provides a variety of experiences, all of which are top notch. 

It gets plenty of good lovin' from me.  I love the 717 :emu:

On 8/14/2017 at 11:15 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

Add the Majestic Q400 for turbo prop operations and you have everything you need in commercial flights!

3 hours ago, FSXtreme said:

It gets plenty of good lovin' from me.  I love the 717 :emu:

Me too; the lights are a game changer for me as I have not seen that kind of lighting in the fsx/p3d platform...

Simon

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

Yes and an airbus plus q400 would complete. I have the 717 and heavily moaned re the night lighting . It looks great now highly recommended .

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

How are the fps, also are the new lights variable?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but this looks like cockpit flood lighting which is generally only used on the ground or briefly in flight. Most of the time in flight the panels and switches in the real world are back-lit. The RealLight effect is impressive but would be unrealistic for most of a flight at night.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Will version 20 of this plane work in P3dv4?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

15 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but this looks like cockpit flood lighting which is generally only used on the ground or briefly in flight. Most of the time in flight the panels and switches in the real world are back-lit. The RealLight effect is impressive but would be unrealistic for most of a flight at night.

I mentioned the same thing a few days ago.  Flood lights only matter on the ground, you don't fly around at night with them on....but I guess in the sim world you can do whatever you like!:huh:  The question would be... have the rest of the night lighting issues been fixed?  I hangared the 717 a few days after buying it in January and have not messed with the beta at all for P3Dv4. One of the big issues was the lack of panel backlighting...or shall I say it was not nearly bright enough to be functional for a night flight. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 minute ago, Flic1 said:

I mentioned the same thing a few days ago.

Thanks, Eric, and I agree with your earlier post. However, I thought it was worth pointing this out again well as most people seem to think that RealLight is more realistic for general night cockpit lighting.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Because it is variable lighting I would use at low for flight. I do the same with the PDGM 747 and leave the console lights on low during night flight.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png