Sign in to follow this  
snapshot21

RealLight by TFDi Design

Looks very nice. Isn't this the same as FSLabs Spotlights?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

This could be different from spotlights as V4 does utilize new lighting technologies and this could be an example of that. 

the TFDi 717 has great night lighting now. Far cry from what it used to have and actually usable at night. I wouldn't mind this on other planes :D 

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

It just went from having some of the worst night lighting due to its night textures, to having the best. These guys are magicians. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

As long as it performs better than V4's exceptionally bad implementation of dynamic lighting, I'll be interested.

If LM can enable shadows/opacity and adjustable intensity to their dynamic lights in a next update we wouldn't require the above additional modules.

• Upvote 1

Interesting, but the major lighting issue with the 717 is the integrated back-lighting.  I can see this new lighting being good for a dome/flood light but you don't fly around at night with all of those lights on.  Not quite sure how this will help the overhead panel, etc...at least on the 717.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hope this plays well with SSAA.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I sorry, is this just for one plane? Or a package on buys that improves all cockpit lighting?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

I sorry, is this just for one plane? Or a package on buys that improves all cockpit lighting?

In the linked blog post it says:

RealLight must be implemented by the developers at a lower level of the project – the result, of course, being an integrated experience

We intend to use this technology in other products and are looking in to licensing or sharing the technology with other developers.

So it is apparently a lighting technology for PD3 v4 that aircraft developers can integrate in their aircraft, depending on how TFDi Design decides to license or share the technology. So it reads to me as something that is initially meant for developers - not for consumers.

I installed v4 p3d just to get it this weekend and wow what an immersive experience the lights add vc-wise!   The 717 is very good now and what a great sim v4 is; will be flying the 717 alot as it is one of my favorite all time planes.  Worth it as lights have never been this good in the fsx-psd platform; I may try and fly at night lol.

• Upvote 1

Simon

12 hours ago, simon747 said:

I installed v4 p3d just to get it this weekend and wow what an immersive experience the lights add vc-wise!   The 717 is very good now and what a great sim v4 is; will be flying the 717 alot as it is one of my favorite all time planes.  Worth it as lights have never been this good in the fsx-psd platform; I may try and fly at night lol.

The TFDi B717 doesn't get enough love around here, but a fleet consisting  of the B717, the NGX, the Triple 7 and the Aerosoft CRJ provides a variety of experiences, all of which are top notch. 

• Upvote 4

Thinking of buying their 717. Almost pulled trigger on CRJ but didn't for personal reasons. Is the 717 got most of the bugs worked out?

Eric