Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Best small jet for v4?

Looking for a small jet for v4. Would like a newer product with glass and, if possible, auto throttle. I was thinking of getting the Corenado Phenom 300 but it is yet not v4 ready. 

Spoiled by the Eclipse 550 in Xplane 11 and hope to find some thing equal to it for P3Dv4.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I'm in the market for one too.  Anyone recommend the Carenado CJ2? I believe that's v4 ready...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I've been looking too, there doesn't seem to be much.  From what I gather from these forums, Carenado has a reputation for being eye candy only (don't beat me up if you disagree), so that has given me pause.  Haven't got too excited about the CRJ.  I'm optimistic about that Eaglesoft Citation.  I'd really like a G550/650 but I'm not holding my breath

Hi Folks,

My biggest beef with Carenado's business jets - unless you install a community mod for the GTN - you can't do the most basic of navigation exercises - a "Direct To" - an FMC that can't do a "Direct To" is just absurd... Now if you simply fly A to B without realistic ATC - this shouldn't be any big deal to you... I'm a fan of the straight wing Cessna's and I truly like the way their CJ2 525A flies and looks - if only they could give us a basic functioning FMC... Just my humble opinion...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

@warbirds

The 3 monthly thread about small corporate jets is back - but for the first time it includes P3DV4

Do you own F1 GTN750 or ISG Gauges?

@blaird22

Not sure if it works in P3DV4 however , there's a very good G450 plane which i think is available it also MIGHT come with synthetic vision which i understand maybe less than 2-3 months away ( the first synthetic vision ever on any flight sim) 

I believe the G plane 550 will be much much better but is work in development and a long way a way.

Regarding the G's i'm not providing a link at the moment, maybe after the weekend and i think you know what i mean when i say the 'G-Plane' :)

The Premier looks great but this is no GTN 750 for it that I know of.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Personally, I'm waiting for the Flight 1 Citation Mustang to become P3D4 compatible.

• Upvote 2

I am starting to like the Corenado Hawker if I can mod in the GTN for P3Dv4.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

7 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Personally, I'm waiting for the Flight 1 Citation Mustang to become P3D4 compatible.

Absolutely this. It beats the Carenado stuff with its eyes closed. Don't waste your money on anything else in the meantime. The Eaglesoft jets will almost certainly be worth it once out as well.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Carenado Hawker, CJ2 and the Phenom 300 are all pretty good aircraft with the mods added, if those mods become available for v4 either of them would be a good purchase, but without the mods I would stay away from them unless you like being frustrated...

The best for me: GLJ Model 25 Special Edition version 2.1 by Xtreme Prototypes.

I believe it will be available in the next 2 weeks.

Store:https://xtremeprototypes.com/en/product_GLJ25_se_v2r1.asp

• Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

None of these choices have auto throttle - in fact you'd be hard pressed to find a bizjet in real life with one.  More commonly you'll find FADEC.

anyway I'd recommend FSW Lear 35, XPjets Lear 25.  Both can take the GTN 750 but neither has A/T.

also I believe it's possible to assign a key to A/T in P3D and change the aircraft cfg to add a fake A/T.  I haven't done this in ages so you may have to play around.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I do totally agree with the xp learjet 25 se 2.1. Old style cockpit very well reproduced and the fde is amazing. You can add gtn750 and any WX radar into it. (I,m talking about the 2.0, the 2.1 will be compatible with p3d v4.

• Upvote 1