Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Best small jet for v4?

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

None of these choices have auto throttle - in fact you'd be hard pressed to find a bizjet in real life with one.  More commonly you'll find FADEC.

anyway I'd recommend FSW Lear 35, XPjets Lear 25.  Both can take the GTN 750 but neither has A/T.

also I believe it's possible to assign a key to A/T in P3D and change the aircraft cfg to add a fake A/T.  I haven't done this in ages so you may have to play around.

Well Ryan, I am reading page 32, section 4, for the XP25 2.1 Flight Manual, and it says about the autopilot mode selector:

airspeed hold mode switch....in the sim, speed hold is accomplished by the autothrottle.

So maybe there's hope, yet. Will have to wait until release.

Dave Swigert

Edited by Eclex
clarity

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

5 hours ago, ukplane1 said:

Not sure if it works in P3DV4 however , there's a very good G450 plane which i think is available it also MIGHT come with synthetic vision which i understand maybe less than 2-3 months away ( the first synthetic vision ever on any flight sim) 

I believe the G plane 550 will be much much better but is work in development and a long way a way.

Regarding the G's i'm not providing a link at the moment, maybe after the weekend and i think you know what i mean when i say the 'G-Plane' :)

Does it start with "Gulf" and end with "stream"? :biggrin: That is intriguing I wonder who the developer is.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Triton Simulation Fleet, no secret it's been discussed here on AVSIM many times.

@Eclex

I'm not seeing that in the manual - are you sure it's not a pitch mode like ias climb etc?

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, section 5, page 23. Note sure why they are calling it a AutoThrottle, sounds like a FLC to me, this explanation is like you mentioned a IAS or FLC?

MACH (Mach Hold Mode) Switch and Light

[2, fig. 4-22b]

This switch, when depressed, will engage the autopilot MACH hold mode. The MACH hold mode maintains the aircraft at the Mach num-ber that existed when the switch was de-pressed. The MACH Hold Switch must be used at altitudes above 29,000 feet. Like on the real aircraft, below 29,000 feet, the auto-pilot will automatically switch to the SPD hold mode. In the sim, Mach hold is accomplished by the autothrottle.

Note: Autothrottle is not available in the real aircraft. The autopilot maintains speed by varying the pitch of the aircraft.

Cheers

Martin

16 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Ryan, section 5, page 23. Note sure why they are calling it a AutoThrottle, sounds like a FLC to me, this explanation is like you mentioned a IAS or FLC?

MACH (Mach Hold Mode) Switch and Light

[2, fig. 4-22b]

This switch, when depressed, will engage the autopilot MACH hold mode. The MACH hold mode maintains the aircraft at the Mach num-ber that existed when the switch was de-pressed. The MACH Hold Switch must be used at altitudes above 29,000 feet. Like on the real aircraft, below 29,000 feet, the auto-pilot will automatically switch to the SPD hold mode. In the sim, Mach hold is accomplished by the autothrottle.

Note: Autothrottle is not available in the real aircraft. The autopilot maintains speed by varying the pitch of the aircraft.

Cheers

Martin

As Martin has said, in the real aircraft, that is a speed/pitch mode but, as is common with some developers, they have instead implemented it as an autothrottle mode (pet hate of mine!).    Anyone remember Carenado's first release of their SR22 - that had autothrottle linked to the "Speed" mode button on the GFC700 ! :biggrin:

- An autothrottle on a TIO 550 piston engine; who knew!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Ahhhh yep that's what it is

I have the Sr22 and yeah I remember  that lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I use the WeFly Works Autopilot GPS

https://www.fspilotshop.com/wefly-works-team-autopilot-gps-p-5536.html

in a lot of my aircraft, as it adds the autothrottle to those that don't otherwise have it. You just have to add it to the panel.cfg, then go into the aircraft.cfg and make sure it has the autothrottle activated:

[autopilot]
autopilot_available=1
flight_director_available=1
default_vertical_speed=1800
autothrottle_available=1
autothrottle_arming_required=0

It shows that it works with FSX and P3D v1-3, but I use it in v4 with no issues.

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

The Flysimware Lear 35A is my favorite business class. There is no auto throttle so you have to actually fly the plane during takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, approach and landing. :) The GTN 750 is factory installed (if you own it).  On those days were you just want to fly it's perfect for a quick startup and 400 knots at FL45 in no time. :)

Bob

Thanks, I did the cockpit textures for that so I already have it. Just looking for something else at this time. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

23 hours ago, warbirds said:

Looking for a small jet for v4. Would like a newer product with glass and, if possible, auto throttle. I was thinking of getting the Corenado Phenom 300 but it is yet not v4 ready. 

Spoiled by the Eclipse 550 in Xplane 11 and hope to find some thing equal to it for P3Dv4.

None at the moment as you found out.  Eaglesoft moves at glacial pace, so may be P3Dv5 will be released first LOL.  Flight1 has been promising a P3Dv4 readied update for the Mustang, but it will be a while yet.  I personally just fly the Eclipse 550 NG payware in XP11 (not the free Eclipse 550 (I could be wrong on the number, may be it was 500, but I assume you meant the new Eclipse payware version)), or the Challenger 300 in XP11.  I have not fired up P3D at all recently, as my HW is just not up to snuff to have a stutter free P3D sim, so I am just waiting for my next upgrade budget to arrive, while waiting to see what the developers are up to.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thanks, it is the payware Eclipse and it is fantastic so just hoping there would be something similar for P3Dv4.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I'm waiting for my F1 Mustang.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.