Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Just got into the FSW.cfg file....

Being that there is no WideView option inside the sim graphics section, and that I have a wide view monitor....I decided to check out the .cfg file.   Yep...there is the WideView=0, that I changed to a 1.

Also, I see that there was an Affinity Mask=1, but removed that from the .cfg and replaced that with Affinity Mask=84 (for my 4 core HyperThread as on, CPU)

If that screws up my next flight...I'll remove that and reinsert the original entry under the JobScheduler  section.

BTW, for those reading that also have FSX-SE, you can find the same WideView=0 in the .cfg file and replace the 0 with a 1.  Press SAVE, and you get back the proper eye-view for your monitor type. 

Stuff like that... :)

Ses

• Upvote 1

Tweaking already eh? The Affinity Mask tweak is good to know, thanks! I've just done a manual install of UTX Europe into FSW with good results so far, I might post a guide once I've tested it a bit more.

12 minutes ago, A32xx said:

Tweaking already eh? The Affinity Mask tweak is good to know, thanks! I've just done a manual install of UTX Europe into FSW with good results so far, I might post a guide once I've tested it a bit more.

Oh yeah...it is the ESP 'curse', moving the fingers on the mouse...lol!

I have a wide view...and the plane's instrument panel was in my face....no in-sim WideView to enable...so grabbed a coffee, and started to seek out and dig...

Did a few other tweaks...and will fly shortly. I had to do the same for FSX-SE.  There is no WideView , in-sim, as there is in the FSX Boxed. Stuff like that.

As always...exploring, learning, and having a blast while doing it!

BTW, can you add any FSX-based scenery in the Add On folder, or port over dedicated ORBX scenery that does not require object animation?  Just wondering...haven't tried that yet...but am tempted to....and would love to port over PNW, etc...

Cheers,

Mitch/Ses

wow....FSW now looks awesome!

Tweaked WideView to =1

Tweaked LOD to 7.5

Set FPS limiter to 33, also within the FSW.cfg file,  with using nVidia Inspector set to Adaptive and 1/2 refresh rate.  All tweaks working great together.  FSW looks ace....and flys smooth.

Now even better...the cockpits look fabulous, with good side-view coverage, left to right.  Looks great on a wide view such as my Dell U3415W!

The above tweaks to the FSW.cfg file really bring this sim home.. :)

Ses

Well, as with all tweaking, my putting in my Affinity=84 might have caused some micro stutters.  I will be removing it, and replacing it with the default setting of Affinity Mask=-1

All other tweaks mentioned have enhanced the sim'ming experience, with great emphasis on WideView enabled.

I have edited this post to include the minus sign, as was pointed out to me on a thread below...

3 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I will be removing it, and replacing it with the default setting of Affinity Mask=1

I hope you mean you set the mask to -1 :smile:

Barry Friedman

6 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

with great emphasis on WideView enabled

I wish we could enable WideView via the gui, which would then automatically adjust the camera zoom levels in all the aircraft.

Barry Friedman

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

BTW, can you add any FSX-based scenery in the Add On folder, or port over dedicated ORBX scenery that does not require object animation?  Just wondering...haven't tried that yet...but am tempted to....and would love to port over PNW, etc...

I've added the UK2000 VFR airports as well as UTX Europe, other people have added FSX payware scenery from most of the other developers. The scenery.cfg entries are the same as in FSX except for the title, which must include the IDS_AREA sequential number: Title=@IDS_AREA122_yourscenery as well as the Area and Layer sequential numbers.

2 minutes ago, A32xx said:

I've added the UK2000 VFR airports as well as UTX Europe, other people have added FSX payware scenery from most of the other developers. The scenery.cfg entries are the same as in FSX except for the title, which must include the IDS_AREA sequential number: Title=@IDS_AREA122_yourscenery as well as the Area and Layer sequential numbers.

Thank you! :)

18 minutes ago, fshobby said:

I hope you mean you set the mask to -1 :smile:

sorry...yes, Affinity Mask=-1  correct...:)

17 minutes ago, fshobby said:

I wish we could enable WideView via the gui, which would then automatically adjust the camera zoom levels in all the aircraft.

+1

Perhaps they can add that to the GUI.  

I found out by tweaking this and that today, that the FSW.cfg is best left alone, and as set up by the default.

Three items that can be addressed with no degradation of performance are these:

WideView=1 (which sets this to on, for those with ultra wide and wide screen monitors)

Upper FPS setting (I set to 33) Great for using this with the Adaptive or Standard Sync, and 1/2 refresh rate setting.

LOD (I set to 7.5)

....other than that....the rest is best left alone.  On one setting the JobScheduler, I set that to what I had in FSX and brought on microstutter. I removed that setting, restored the default setting, and on the next flight, once more smooth as glass, no stutter, and higher frame rates.

So, the above three are the only things that will be set by myself, manually. The rest...is Dovetail's...:)

Cheers,

Photo real sceneries can be installed easily into add on scenery too. Just make a copy of FSW.exe and name it FSX.exe. Then run your install program and point to the FSW/add on scenery directory. I have over a dozen of those. Default FSW/Orbx scenery is nice but accurate for my home town it wasnt.

2 hours ago, AOB said:

Photo real sceneries can be installed easily into add on scenery too. Just make a copy of FSW.exe and name it FSX.exe. Then run your install program and point to the FSW/add on scenery directory. I have over a dozen of those. Default FSW/Orbx scenery is nice but accurate for my home town it wasnt.

Cool!  Thanks. :)

One very nice tweak that works in FSW and makes a noticeable difference and improvement in visuals is manually modifying the runway lights as per FSX, certainly looks a lot better in my opinion. Has anybody found anything equivalent to HideInfoText in the FSX config file?

Thanks,

Andrew.