Sign in to follow this  
phoenixfly

Newbie Xplane 11 question!

I have not been on in a couple of years. So any input will help. I have P3DV3(runs well) and I am on a ASUS republic of gaming... INTEL CORE i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40 ghz 2.40 ghz 16gb memory 64 bit operating system x64 based processer. 

My question is if I upgrade to XPLANE 11 will it run the same as the p3d V3 or will there be degredation on my system that works well already? I do not want to upgrade to stronger LAPtop if I have too. 

I have had them all, FSX, P3DV3 and now 4. And I am new to XP-11.

I have a more robust system than you but I would say that xp11 runs smoother than P3D....I'm thinking you should have no issues.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I think your CPU is a little weak. What GPU do you have?

In any case, you can try downloading and running the demo at www.x-plane.com (only Seattle scenery). It will have the same performance of the full version.

Keep in mind that the developers are working on improving the performance of X-Plane 11. It will be a continuous process and will last one year or more, so the performance you'll see in 6 months from now (and even more in a year from now) will be better than what you'll be seeing today.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

2 hours ago, phoenixfly said:

ASUS republic of gaming

Asuming its a laptop you are talking about, I don't think you will get descent performance in XP11.

You can alway try the demo and find out for yourself.

http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

18 minutes ago, phoenixfly said:

Also can i use a logitech gamepad instead of a yoke?

If it works in the demo, it will work in the full version as well (and viceversa).

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I´m using an xbox 360 controller, which works without any problems. You just have to configure it. 

to explore the 'real" treasures of x-plane 11 in my opinion  you need cpu over 4.2 ghz + powerful gpu

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

On 12-8-2017 at 2:09 AM, phoenixfly said:

Unfortunately I did not try the gamepad  in the demo. I deleted the Demo

You started this topic friday 6.17 PM

You ran the demo saturday 1.27 AM

You deleted the demo at 2.09 AM

You just needed 42 minutes  to explore XP11, leads me to the conclusion.

You got so overwhelmed and anthousiast you bought the package right away  OR  just simply missed 99% .
OR your machine could not cope with XP11.

It would be nice to hear your experiences.
Once a topic is started with a questionis vital to have an answer/conclusion in the end I think.

Cheers

Leen

• Upvote 2

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints