Sign in to follow this  
helios123

MCE not working XP 11 Windows 10

Hi i used MCE for some time on XP 10.  

Now I'm using XP 11.  

I uninstalled MCE and then installed it.

I wen't through app wizard fine.  I could hear and it responded to me audio command.  Thus the audio input and output should be correctly chosen.  

I start XP 11 then I start MCE.  MCE correctly finds the right aircraft and the right checklist.  

BUT,  when I give any voice command absolutely nothing happens, and there is no audio response at all.  

I have no idea what is wrong.  Any help?

53 minutes ago, helios123 said:

Hi i used MCE for some time on XP 10.  

Now I'm using XP 11.  

I uninstalled MCE and then installed it.

I wen't through app wizard fine.  I could hear and it responded to me audio command.  Thus the audio input and output should be correctly chosen.  

I start XP 11 then I start MCE.  MCE correctly finds the right aircraft and the right checklist.  

BUT,  when I give any voice command absolutely nothing happens, and there is no audio response at all.  

I have no idea what is wrong.  Any help?

When unsure what's going on, say "windowed mode" to switch X-Plane to that mode and check whether MCE is not stuck in DIALOG MODE by any chance.

Also, go to <About> tab in MCE user interface and check "Sound In" to ensure MCE has set the speech engine to listen on the correct device.

Some speech commands are only enabled when a known fully supported complex aircraft is detected.

Which aircraft are we talking about?

I'm having the same trouble. I haven't used MCE before so I'm trying out the demo. I run XPlane 11 and Windows 10. Everything installed ok, and I have confirmed that the Sound In and Sound Out devices are all correct (both through Windows and the About tab).

Xplane and MCE load fine, everything seems ok, I'm using the FJS Q400 (latest version). First of all, when it loads it doesn't seem to go into Flight Mode. Forcing it via the context menu doesnt work, although going to the Quit XPlane screen does get it into Flight Mode.

Once in Flight Mode, I can see that my voice commands are recognised - they appear on the top left of the screen, but nothing happens. Looking through the options, I can Test the Voice for the Purser and The Mechanic, but not for the CO-Pilot. The most I've managed is to get the Flight Attendant to reply, so it does seem to work on some level, but there seems to be no functionality for the co-pilot at all.

I have noticed that, when MCE is running, there does seem to be a background hum that wasn't there before.

Any ideas? My trial runs out tomorrow evening and I haven't yet had a chance to try it out.

Cheers..

8 minutes ago, Catboiler said:

I'm having the same trouble. I haven't used MCE before so I'm trying out the demo. I run XPlane 11 and Windows 10. Everything installed ok, and I have confirmed that the Sound In and Sound Out devices are all correct (both through Windows and the About tab).

Xplane and MCE load fine, everything seems ok, I'm using the FJS Q400 (latest version). First of all, when it loads it doesn't seem to go into Flight Mode. Forcing it via the context menu doesnt work, although going to the Quit XPlane screen does get it into Flight Mode.

Once in Flight Mode, I can see that my voice commands are recognised - they appear on the top left of the screen, but nothing happens. Looking through the options, I can Test the Voice for the Purser and The Mechanic, but not for the CO-Pilot. The most I've managed is to get the Flight Attendant to reply, so it does seem to work on some level, but there seems to be no functionality for the co-pilot at all.

I have noticed that, when MCE is running, there does seem to be a background hum that wasn't there before.

Any ideas? My trial runs out tomorrow evening and I haven't yet had a chance to try it out.

Cheers..

Make sure "XPlane.exe" is set to run as administrator.

If you're hearing a humming background noise, it's an indication MCE picked up one of your joystick buttons that is ALWAYS ON, as the Push To Talk button and it wrongly assumes you're talking to ATC.

When PTT is detected down, all commands for interaction with co-pilot are suspended, and those for ATC are enabled. The opposite happens when you release it.

Go to "General" tab in MCE user interface and click <More options> button. 

In "Advanced Options" panel, click <View config>

xpmce.ini will open in Notepad.

Scroll down to the [GAMEPAD] section.

Leave entries for joystick product and manufacturer as they are and change JoyButton = whatever_number to any number that reflects the button number on your physical joystick.

You can only select buttons 1 through 12, and it has to be of the spring-loaded variety.

Once you have assigned a more appropriate joystick button, MCE will ignore all the other buttons.

Should then be able to interact with Fo and only hear the humming background noise when you hold PTT down indicating MCE has switched to ATC mode. Sound should stop when you release it.

ATC interfacing in XP-11 is still works in progress. We have supported alternatives like PF3 ATC or Radar Contact ATC.

As for testing FO voice not working. It could be that the audio out isn't set correctly.

In Windows 10 search box at the bottom, type assign sound device.

Run the tool.

Carefully select audio In and Audio Out, click OK and let the wizard automatically make adjustments if necessary.

Pay attention to the listed devices. There could be "front" and "Rear audio" and your headphones aren't on the correct Jack.

Is this a conventional headset? Plugged to which sound card? Realtek, Creative Labs??

Or is it USB headset.

Thanks for your reply. I will try a few things later tonight when I'm home, but first up:

Yes, XPlane is running as an administrator. What you've said about the ATC makes sense, so I'll look into that, or maybe just disable ATC for the moment.

As for the FO, I'm using a Steinberg USB audio device - it does work, as I'm able to hear the purser and mechanic voices, just not the FO, which is a bit odd. I've checked and double checked the sound in and out, and they are all correct.

I'll let you know later how I get on with the rest....

I tried this last night, and it worked like a charm. You were right - it was set in ATC mode, so I remapped to a different joystick button and turned it off. Everything else then fell into place.

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Catboiler said:

I tried this last night, and it worked like a charm. You were right - it was set in ATC mode, so I remapped to a different joystick button and turned it off. Everything else then fell into place.

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

In case you missed it, there is a dedicated thread on the org forum