Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Problem with frame rates. Need help

Guest ecv737

I had to do a windowsXP Pro re-install. and of course an FS9re-install as well.Everything is like before in FS9 since I made a copy of the main folder, sceneries, etc.I however have problem with FPS which are fixed at 25.On heavy airports I hardly get 1.5 fps.Once airborne, at about 5000feet I could get 2.5 fps. There are some areas (sea only no land), I get about 24fps but it is very unstable dropping up and down.On heavy airports the landing is like an slide show.I have defragmented drive C where FS9 is installed. The sceneries are in drive D which is fairly full (I will move some of my music files to an external HD to get at least 50% iddle capacity on that HD).The only thing I have done different from previous state is that I have not installed the 9.1 patch (I think this could make things worse).I would appreciate if you could give me some advice on how to attack this.Edmundo CardenasCaracas, Venezuela rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Guest RonB49

What was your frame rate before the reinstallation?Run dxdiag (Click START, select RUN, and enter dxdiag in the dialog box. Make sure that your graphics acceleration is enabled. Insure that AGP is enabled if you have an AGP video card.If all else failed, then I would reinstall DX9 and then the video card drivers. R-