Sign in to follow this  
SAAF

CTD Upon Loading Into P3Dv4

Good day Everyone,

I seem to be encountering a rather strange issue.

Upon loading into the default LIRF (Rome) with the DC6 Olympic Airways, the cockpit with all panels black is shown for a few seconds before the sim CTD.

I currently only have ORBX Vector, Global and Europe_LC installed on a fresh P3D version

When loading into the default scenario at Eglin AFB and only changing the aircraft to the DC6, everything seems to start fine. In addition, when I load into LIRF with any other default aircraft, everything loads fine as well. Thus it must be the combination of the location and aircraft causing the crash.

Below is the last few lines from the DC6 log

2017/08/11 20:58:15 [PMDG 1] Loading general prefs from g:\games\prepar3d v4\PMDG\PMDG DC-6\DC-6_Options.ini[37m
2017/08/11 20:58:15 [PMDG 1] No ini file available for SX-DAD; falling back to default.[37m
2017/08/11 20:58:15 [PMDG 1] Loading plane prefs from g:\games\prepar3d v4\PMDG\PMDG DC-6\PlaneDefault.ini[37m
2017/08/11 20:58:15 [PMDG 1] Presetting items for AI[37m
2017/08/11 20:58:15 [PMDG 1] Un-muting new cockpit sounds[37m
2017/08/11 20:58:15 [PMDG 1] Flight loaded from C:\Users\Ashton\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D_Default.fxml[37m
2017/08/11 20:58:15 [PMDG 2] Cannot load situation from file g:\games\prepar3d v4\PMDG\PMDG DC-6\PanelState\Prepar3D_Default.fxml.sav; doesn't exist / zero size?[37m
2017/08/11 20:58:15 [PMDG 1] Loading saved health-and-hours data from g:\games\prepar3d v4\PMDG\PMDG DC-6\Aircraft\SX-DAD.hours[37m
2017/08/11 20:59:03 [PMDG 1] Resuming all systems...[37m

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello Ashton:

Yours appears to be, if not the same, then similar to the issue discussed four threads below yours (CTD upon touchdown).

it appears also, that this is an issue affecting a number of users and I would think that PMDG is checking what is happening.

i would suggest you open a ticket with support and attach your log, to help PMDG with their diagnosis.

regards,

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

I've noticed that I have close to zero issues in FSX:A when I load the DC-6 from inside the simulator (start the sim with the default trike). I have had one crash when starting the simulator with the DC-6B from the free flight screen.

Robert Toten.

46 minutes ago, r_stopnicki said:

Hello Ashton:

Yours appears to be, if not the same, then similar to the issue discussed four threads below yours (CTD upon touchdown).

it appears also, that this is an issue affecting a number of users and I would think that PMDG is checking what is happening.

i would suggest you open a ticket with support and attach your log, to help PMDG with their diagnosis.

regards,

Roberto

Thanks for your advice Roberto, I thought it might be similar but I wanted to create a seperate post in case anyone else had the same/similar issue.

I will continue to monitor the CTD upon touchdown thread in the hopes of a solution being found.