Sign in to follow this  
VFRHawk

Automatically increase and decrease time compression

OK, don't know if this is even possible...

Does anyone know of an addin that will reduce time compression to 1:1 just before each leg of a route and then increase it again after the turn?  I don't have time to sit through a multi hour flight without time compression, but with the more realistic planes (I've just bought the PMDG DC6) I find their external flight models doesn't handle turns under AP well if time is compressed.  So it'd be nice to be able to set something up that (say) reduced time compression to 1:1 5 miles before each waypoint and then increased it back to whatever it was set to 2 miles after the waypoint, if that makes sense.

Would mean when I'm called away from my PC the flight can continue without the plane going all over the sky trying to make all the turns when I forget to reduce the time compression before I have to go AFK!

Graham

what you describe is pretty much how the auto-cruise works on the pmdg 777 and 747. i'm slightly surprised they didn't put it on the dc-6.

unfortunately i don't know of any 3rd party addons that can do this. that's a pretty good idea for an addon actually :)

cheers,-andy crosby

I know the later pmdg stuff (777, 747) have auto cruise compression that does exactly that. I don't know if the dc6 has it though as I don't own it.

Chris

Thread necromancy incoming...

As I thought it was a good idea, I spoke to Oliver Binder (Lorby-SI) and asked how difficult it would be to get an addon to automatically accelerate and decelerate time around waypoints.  I had a working prototype in a few hours!

The full version is now available as a free download at:  http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html  (it's towards the bottom of the page)

There's also a pdf with a brief write-up by little ol' me in the same place, detailing how I've been using it with my 737NGX/P3D v4/GSX/Pro ATC/X etc etc

Graham

• Upvote 5

Well, I am still impressed how many usefull little tools appear those days. Thanks for this one, I will certainly give it a try, as l no longer fly longer flights exactly due to the above described reasons.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, VFRHawk said:

Thread necromancy incoming...

As I thought it was a good idea, I spoke to Oliver Binder (Lorby-SI) and asked how difficult it would be to get an addon to automatically accelerate and decelerate time around waypoints.  I had a working prototype in a few hours!

The full version is now available as a free download at:  http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html  (it's towards the bottom of the page)

There's also a pdf with a brief write-up by little ol' me in the same place, detailing how I've been using it with my 737NGX/P3D v4/GSX/Pro ATC/X etc etc

Graham

Thanks Graham for the info and thanks to Lorbi-SI for the great little tool.

Regards

Branko

wow thats awesome. thanks graham and oliver!

cheers,-andy crosby

Done and done thanx to Oliver!

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors