Sign in to follow this  
Thomasdennis

P3D v4 freeze about 25 minutes after takeoff

Thank you Marc, I shall investigate that, the reason I brushed this possibility aside is that after two successive aborted flights due to crashes in very different locations with the 744, I successfully completed the same flight, with the same route, the same weather, the same traffic and the same sceneries with the PMDG 777!!! So my initial reaction was why would the 744 fail where all others (PMDG 737, FSLabs A320, Majestic DH8C) go through without issue? Logically if a scenery is the culprit, it should cause a crash each time I fly over or near it with any aircraft, but anyhow I thank you, I take your point and shall try. I fully trust PMDG products having used them for so many years since FS9, in this case the coincidences are troubling but do not prove anything.

Rudy I don't use ACARS but shall remember that point in case I was tempted to, thank you.

Kyle, I do have a FSUIPC 5 registered copy but don't use autosave, another helpful tip to remember, thanks. 

I am now in touch with PMDG support and shall dig further into this under their guidance, should the findings be of general interest I shall post them so as to help anybody else having the same issue. Thank you to all who tried to assist it is much appreciated.

The 747 is a new product that -afaik- uses p4d features while the 777 is still a „recompiled“ fsx addon... not to downgrade it. But I think there might be the issue. I also haven‘t experienced any crashes with the Airbus and regarding the Q400 I guess it‘s the most reliable and stable addon available... but looking at the way some sceneries have been ported into P4D I have no doubt the problems we have aren‘t airplane-made most of the time. 

I found this quite interesting: I had issues with orbx‘ Dubrovnik drawing water textures on the surrounding mountains. Also I had the island of Molokai completely covered with water textures. After I uninstalled kjfk all problems were gone, crashes and texture issues.

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

The 747 is a new product that -afaik- uses p4d features while the 777 is still a „recompiled“ fsx addon... not to downgrade it.

Put simply...no.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Put simply...no.

:huh::laugh: 

I surrender

Just happened to me on a flight from VTBD to VTCC. Established on ILS36 and then just hung. P3D v4.
Could it be Navigraph moving maps?
No airports added.
Very frustrating.

Chris Stanley VTCC

9 hours ago, funkyhut1 said:

I've heard of this before. It's a possibility.

Kyle Rodgers

10 hours ago, funkyhut1 said:

I don't have it.

The most important question mark for me remains: Why the 744 and not the other planes (including PMDG's 773 and 738) under the exact same conditions - route, time, weather, traffic, scenery?

In my cases, SBGR to EDDF, the 744 crashed the first time when I started my descent after 10 hours of flight, the second attempt on the same flight plan, it crashed over the Canary islands on exactly the same route so one case does not relate to the next,  the 773 made it to the gate at EDDF with no issue at any time. I do not have any add-on at the Canary Islands or Africa, but quite a number in Germany and Switzerland.

From now on I shall exclusively fly the 773 and see if I get in a CTD anywhere or not. That's a challenge because it does not simplify the hunt for the cause...

I have the P3Dv4.3 and installed PMDG 747-8/8F v3 with Windows 10, 64 G RAM

For the first time in all P3D life in my system, the P3D freeze with 747-8 during the flight RJTT rwy 05 to RJAA rwy 34R

I might be missed something? 

Patricio Valdes

36 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I have the P3Dv4.3 and installed PMDG 747-8/8F v3 with Windows 10, 64 G RAM

For the first time in all P3D life in my system, the P3D freeze with 747-8 during the flight RJTT rwy 05 to RJAA rwy 34R

I might be missed something? 

Everything updated as explained in the readme file inside the rar archive?

15 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Everything updated as explained in the readme file inside the rar archive?

What rar archive? I only downloaded the PMDG installer from my account. I didn't see any rar file?

Patricio Valdes

Tried again with PMDG 747-8 and still freezing in P3Dv4.3 after flying 5 minutes. It freezes when I change views …. 

Patricio Valdes