Sign in to follow this  
Thomasdennis

P3D v4 freeze about 25 minutes after takeoff

Hello,

My PMDG 747-400 QOTS2 v3 freezes my sim shortly after departure.  It hangs a few times and then starts working again but only to lead up to the eventual CTD. No new scenery has been added.  It has worked flawlessly since the release but now I can't make it 100nm without a CTD.

Windows 10 64bit

nVidia Ge Force 1080 GTX 8vRAM

16gig RAM

i7700 4.4ghz

Orbx every land class

Active Sky 2016 for P3D v4

GSX

AivlaSoft EFB or FSC 9.6 for P3D v4

PTA 2.52

46" Monitor with 22"monitor for AivlaSoft EFB

Thanks for the help

Tom Dennis

Look at the event view to see if there is a faulting module.  Most momentary pauses are the simulator itself loading scenery objects but your description sounds more like an appHang which can be cause by any addon. I'd first try eliminating those, probably starting with that EFB stuff.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi thanks for the help.  Well it worked one time with a flight that lasted 2+ hours the event viewer stated a UTLive dll error as well as a AI dll error.  I uninstalled UTLive but it froze again just now.

Happens all the time with v4 for me. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

8 hours ago, Thomasdennis said:

Hi thanks for the help.  Well it worked one time with a flight that lasted 2+ hours the event viewer stated a UTLive dll error as well as a AI dll error.  I uninstalled UTLive but it froze again just now.

What's your traffic set at in P3D settings?

My v4 crashes with this fault so can anyone tell me what is causing it from the log pic below?

Click on pic for larger image

fault-M.png

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Search ntdll.dll CTD P3D. I've gotten a few. Did some of the suggestions I found searching and they have cleared up (knock wood) and have done a few flights since.  One called for deleting a couple files related to the default scenario and letting P3D rebuild them which I did. This CTD keeps popping up, even after the Capt PFD pop up fix was implemented. There is something else that is going wrong and the only common denominator is this ntdll.dll being associated with PMDG aircraft and long flights and not every time which makes tracking it down much harder. The PMDG software is very complex and mixing with P3Dv4 in some sort of manner is causing this error. I never had them in P3DV3. I don't have any other 3rd party aircraft to do long flights with yet to see if it makes a difference. When Aerosoft releases the A330 I will try that one. 

Eric 

One more such report just before reaching T/D on a flight from SBGR to EDDF on the 744 (P3Dv4.1),

I started to have micro freezes of a couple of seconds about 30 minutes before, and then a total freeze. This happened only with the 744, no such problem with the 777 on a longish flight from CYYZ (FlyTampa + ORBX NA) to SBGR (ORBX SA). Neither did I experience the same with the 744 on a "short" EGLL (UK2000 + ORBX EU) to KJFK (FSDT + NYC Drezynsky Design + ORBX NA). Although I had several freezes as well related to the sound issue which I cleared as indicated on your site. 

On all flights I had the same add-ons running with no issue.

When the final freeze happened today, my CPU (8700K) was using only 51% of its resources, RAM memory (64GB) was far from being fully utilised, neither was my GTX 1070.

This cannot be scenery related as I flew over Germany - and this region in particular - very frequently with other aircraft such as PMDG 737, FSLabs 320, PMDG 777 and Majestic Bombardier DH8C with the same AS16 + ASCA, Aivlasoft EFB, ORBX EU + Germany setup. 

Whilst I am convinced this may not be related at all, I did notice that my FMC showed the message that my nav database was out of date, which is not the case since I have an active Navigraph subscription and my database is up to date.

Another note for the sake of providing as much info as possible, when I click on the FMC "load flightplan", it said no plan available, when in fact it was correctly loaded...

A bit perplex about all those small hiccups.

Any input would be welcome.

Thank you.

Ntdll crashes point to not compatible addons. 

Get rid of any aerosoft scenery and airplanes if you have them. Any check all your other addons if they are surely updated to be p3dv4 compatible. 

In my case it turned out to be FSDT KJFK v2 to be the culprit that affected my crashes, even if ir is claimed to be v4 comp.

My PC is new (one month), so is my P3Dv4.1, so are all my add-ons strictly for P3Dv4 including all sceneries (my credit card knows better), this event happens ONLY with the PMDG 744 since as mentioned in my previous message, I used extensively the same scenery with other aircraft (including PMDGs) with no issues, so my P3Dv4 install and related add-ons are not to be suspected.

On 1/13/2018 at 11:14 AM, Jean-Claude said:

My PC is new (one month), so is my P3Dv4.1, so are all my add-ons strictly for P3Dv4 including all sceneries (my credit card knows better), this event happens ONLY with the PMDG 744 since as mentioned in my previous message, I used extensively the same scenery with other aircraft (including PMDGs) with no issues, so my P3Dv4 install and related add-ons are not to be suspected.

Using FSUIPC autosave?

Kyle Rodgers

On 1/13/2018 at 10:14 AM, Jean-Claude said:

Any yet no other PMDG 744 user is reporting this problem.  So your point is?

Dan Downs KCRP

It has been suggested to me by PMDG support not to use the ACARS function in the FMC at all.  It potentially might be causing issues, especially during loading a saved flight.  I have also had no CTDs since I stopped using it.

Cheers,

Wrong post sorry

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

On 13.1.2018 at 5:14 PM, Jean-Claude said:

Jean-Claude,

i also had repurchased and redownloaded sceneries. ONLY those which were sold as compatible. I had the same ntdll problems using the 747. Ntdll absolutely most of the time means there is anything installed into your v4 that is not compiled correctly. Search for ntdll on the p3d forums, using google, if you don‘t believe me. I had the problems in Europe, Asia, far away from New York and I somehow trust PMDG and RSR more than some scenery developers. And it definitely was a scenery. Since I have uninstalled it I haven‘t had a single crash anymore. I really recommend you untick all your scenery and then add it step by step. You can do this by developers to save time but I am sure this is your way to success.