Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Guess I got bitten by the Ariane snake.......

I had the same problem. I wrote a nice e-mail explaining my dilemma and asked for help. It took a few days but it was taken care of. Be patient and try again.Lere

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Yet another Ariane thread, and I already have deleted one post that included a slur against this vendor. I don't want to see another "hop on the bandwagon" Ariane bashfest--we've had enough of those threads. In my opinion the only members who should add to this thread are the thread's author (in case the issue is resolved or changed) or members offering suggestions of help. I will keep the thread open under those conditions but if it becomes littered with more slurs against this vendor, I will lock the thread. We don't have the time to be slicing and dicing these threads and weeding out the slurs that people feel they have to make to be "cool".-John

Guest jennifer

Thanks John, that's a balanced approach. I too get fed up with slurs for their own sake. On the other hand the original poster has provided useful information.

>I had only one attempt to download the files I purchased and>I mistakenly closed my browser. After a week and 2 requests,>no response from them. So I end up donating my money for>nothing in return. Never do business with them again. Be>warned !>>GregPlease use the search function and search under my handle for a detailed explanation of the Ariane download policy.Edit: Here's the link:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchricardo

I had only one attempt to download the files I purchased and I mistakenly closed my browser. After a week and 2 requests, no response from them. So I end up donating my money for nothing in return. Never do business with them again. Be warned !Greg

All I purchased was a 12GBP livery. I did not buy the 737NG. I sent two e-mails to both of their addresses and no response after a week. Plain & simple.Greg

Greg,Did you get any emails at all from them? I am curious since some have this issue and some don't, whether they (Ariane) may have some type of filter that's kicking away the emails. In general I am having more and more issues not just with vendors, but with general correspondence where people are claiming I've never sent them an email. Finally, I got suspicious and sent an email to myself to my public email address I use for web commerce. I got it--FIVE DAYS AFTER I SENT IT!!!!! I am starting to have more faith in snail mail.-John

From my experience I advise being persistent. If you do not get a reply to an email, after say 5 days, send another asking if they received it and restating your message. Be prepared to repeat things you've already told them since you may not be dealing with the same person each time.I had a similar problem, but in the end by being consistent and providing them with all the information requested Ariane went to much trouble to email me the large zip files that had not completed downloading and eventually posted me a cd at no extra charge.Be advised; it is unfortunate but the assumption is that every customer is a potential fraudster so you will have to explain your circumstance and convince them where possible that you are a genuine customer with id's and passwords etc.As with any customer support team, they are YOUR ambassadors and you want them to acknowledge, own and resolve the problems on your behalf, so get them working for you with a balanced combination of carrot as well as stick. If you refuse to go away, busy support teams are likely to do more just to get rid of you. If you get abusive you'll only succeed in alienating them, which means you're less likely to get them to do what you want.

yup, email is getting ever less reliable.Longest I've ever had to wait for an email to arrive was a full month, and that of course doesn't include the emails that never arrive at all.Spamfilters are getting ever more agressive (some now filter out anything with "commerce", "sale", and similar words it seems), it's quite likely either the requests for assistance or the responses got lost in transit.

Guest gasebah

Simply let your credit card company withdraw the money. Send them copies of th e-mails you have sent without getting any replies. They will have to check if your claim is valid, but eventually they will get your money back for you. I did the same thing in a comparable situation about a year ago. Took me one letter and two phone calls.Alex