Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Some FSX:SE shots...

FSX-SE ? I thought you cleaned out your PC recently?  Nice shots still.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

4 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

FSX-SE ? I thought you cleaned out your PC recently?  Nice shots still.

I did exactly that...but in installing FSW, three days ago, or so,  found my copy of FSX:SE that I had bought as soon as it was released, a long time ago.  I was curious.  So...loaded in FSX:SE, after installing FSW, and found it to be almost double the performance (with all my content of old loaded in) of my old FSX:Boxed that was not a Gold, or Deluxe version.  I never purchased Acceleration, either.  So...now that FSX(SE) is back on my system, and performing so nicely (I do have tons of room...), I guess it will rub shoulder to shoulder once more with its buddies... :)

Cheers,

8 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

after installing FSW, and found it to be almost double the performance

Hey Ses, are you saying that contents for FSX-SE is usable with FSW? Or you are saying that you just found out now that FSX-SE is performing better than FSX?  That FSX-SE is performing better is well known.  I had it too.  I removed it after I can not deal with the seeing autogen popping again.  Had FSX-SE removed the autogen pop-up, I would have seen no need to move to P3D, because FSX-SE is stutter free for me.  FPS counts has nothing to do with stutter free, as I have high FPS count in P3Dv3, higher than 30, but very often, I would see micro second hesitation, noticeable.  I have no idea how XP did it, but even when XP is overloaded (my faults) it refused to go below 19 and overrode my settings to not have stutters.  Anyway good luck with yet another sim on your HD.  I am down to two now, but who knows, may be will be just one in the future, and you which one I am talking about LOL.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020