Sign in to follow this  
ekilmer

VAS Statistics with FSX

Hello.  I know there are several threads concerning VAS usage.  I also know PMDG rather staunchly asserts there is no VAS leakage with the 747.  However, I thought I would start a new thread and toss in what I have discovered.

I tried four times to fly from KABQ to LEST.  All four attempts failed in an OOM at about three hours into the flight.  I finally took the 777 and successfully completed the 10-hour flight.  I got to thinking about the major differences between the 74 and the 77 and wondering why, despite PMDG's assertions to the contrary, the 74 seemed to be leaking memory.  The major difference is the addition of ground service vehicles for the 74.  Therefore, I determined to fly back to KABQ from LEST in the 74 but not request any PMDG ground vehicles.  The only ground service I called for was ground power.  This GPU is not drug into position by any vehicle.  I did, however, use all the GSX ground services available.  I successfully completed this 10-hour flight with no problems, though the 74 still seems to burn more memory than the 77.  I obtained this information from the flight log files generated by FSUIPC.

I did not change any of my FSX configuration settings between these flights, so I deem them negligible.  What is important is that the FSX environment was the same for all three flights.

I humbly submit the foregoing information for your, the forum's, evaluation.  (I would have attached the three log files, but there does not seem to be a way to do this.)

Eugene N. Kilmer

14 hours ago, ekilmer said:

submit the foregoing information for your, the forum's, evaluation.  

I recommend you submit this on a support ticket at PMDG Product Support and attach your supporting log files.  I'm sure they will take a look at it.

Dan Downs KCRP