Sign in to follow this  
mamento67

ORBX Dubrovnik overlapping with default scenery P3D V4

Just recently bought and downloaded ORBX Dubrovnik and the ORBX scenery is overlapping with the default scenery. I do not have FTX Vector downloaded and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Dubrovnik several times. Help!?

You are positive that you have no other LDDU airport files in your sim? No MyTraffic airport files or anything like that.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

You are positive that you have no other LDDU airport files in your sim? No MyTraffic airport files or anything like that.

Yes 100% positive that I have no other Dubrovnik airport files and I do not own MyTraffic what so ever. I didn't even know what Dubrovnik was till I found it on ORBX.

To be 100% sure perhaps make a scan of your p3dv4 with software as  Simple Airport Scanner, some time we are surprise to found one in global or region scenery...

this scenery is well done and a good step airport between the south and the north of europe.

43 minutes ago, ms2 said:

To be 100% sure perhaps make a scan of your p3dv4 with software as  Simple Airport Scanner, some time we are surprise to found one in global or region scenery...

this scenery is well done and a good step airport between the south and the north of europe.

Just tried using Simple Airport Scanner and it found some airports but there was no LDDU involved. I even looked in the scenery folder in the P3D root directory and could not find anything related to the problem.

You are required to have ORBX Global installed as a pre-requisite so I assume that's already on your system. I had a similar issue with Stockholm so please try the following:

1. Open FTX Central 

2. Click on Dubrovnik and then click on 'Control Panel'

This will show you several options on how you'd like the airport to be displayed in sim and also offers compatibility options based on what other products you have installed.

3. In this Control Panel, select 'FTX Global' in the 'Texture and light compatibility options'. Selecting any other option in this section resulted in the default scenery bleeding through the ORBX scenery or ground textures missing completely.

25 minutes ago, krazyk said:

You are required to have ORBX Global installed as a pre-requisite so I assume that's already on your system. I had a similar issue with Stockholm so please try the following:

1. Open FTX Central 

2. Click on Dubrovnik and then click on 'Control Panel'

This will show you several options on how you'd like the airport to be displayed in sim and also offers compatibility options based on what other products you have installed.

3. In this Control Panel, select 'FTX Global' in the 'Texture and light compatibility options'. Selecting any other option in this section resulted in the default scenery bleeding through the ORBX scenery or ground textures missing completely.

The 'Control Panel' for LDDU only shows 'Vector Compatibility' which was not enabled because I do not have Vector installed, 'Airport Vegetation Season, 'Airport options' (3D grass, PeopleFlow, GSE Clutter, Static flow gates and aircraft), 'APX Static aircraft compatibility', and 'Surrounding area options' which is only for boats.

Have you installed the ORBX libraries as well?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

21 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Have you installed the ORBX libraries as well?

Yes I have ORBX libraries installed. I just tried deleting every ORBX bit I had in P3D and only reinstalling ORBX libraries, FTX Global, and Dubrovnik. Nothing worked. Still getting the same stuff with ORBX overlapping default scenery and the sim thinking I'm taxing on dirt while on the taxiway. I also tried force migrating in FTX Central and no luck out of that :/

Edited by mamento67

10 hours ago, mamento67 said:

The 'Control Panel' for LDDU only shows 'Vector Compatibility' which was not enabled because I do not have Vector installed, 'Airport Vegetation Season, 'Airport options' (3D grass, PeopleFlow, GSE Clutter, Static flow gates and aircraft), 'APX Static aircraft compatibility', and 'Surrounding area options' which is only for boats.

That's a puzzler. I only have ESSA installed so I assumed the options available for one airport were similar across the board, at least the ones that pertain to the functionality of an ORBX airport with another ORBX product but I'm disappointed to see that those steps didn't yield any satisfactory results for you. Could it be an error in the scenery library order perhaps? I'm sure you've already checked that more than once but it wasn't mentioned so I thought I'd ask anyway.

Other than the suggestions already made by everyone here, I guess you'll have to wait for ORBX to get back to you.

I had the same problem with a couple of FB sceneries after installation. Turned out to be Addon Organizer that put them at the bottom of the scenery list, below the default sceneries. If you have AO installed check the order of sceneries, if not, still check your sims scenery library.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

7 minutes ago, Canuck said:

I had the same problem with a couple of FB sceneries after installation. Turned out to be Addon Organizer that put them at the bottom of the scenery list, below the default sceneries. If you have AO installed check the order of sceneries, if not, still check your sims scenery library.

THIS DID THE TRICK! Except in the FTX Central settings, the setting was already set to have all FTX products to be set at the top of the scenery library list but for some reason it was being sent to the bottom of the library. So I then had to make all ORBX products after another add on scenery which was at the top. THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSES AND SUGGESTIONS!

On 8/12/2017 at 9:04 PM, mamento67 said:

THIS DID THE TRICK! Except in the FTX Central settings, the setting was already set to have all FTX products to be set at the top of the scenery library list but for some reason it was being sent to the bottom of the library. So I then had to make all ORBX products after another add on scenery which was at the top. THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSES AND SUGGESTIONS!

Glad it's working. Happy flying!

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD