Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FINALLY the ground I deserve for FS9!

If I may ask, what do the textures around Edwards AFB look like, or, the desert areas in general?From what have seen of the other areas so far GE looks amazing. Of course, I would't expect anything less form Peter's work. :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I turned some graphics settings down a little to try something different, but heres a shot just taking off from palm springsThis is with UT USA FSgenesis mesh and landclass as well as GE that supplies the crisp great looking textures that look awesome from low and high abovehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/143094.jpg

Hi, Alex.Thanks, for the pic, it looks nice, but we are talking apples and oranges here. I would like to see the locations and time of my pics, if possible, keep it 8x600. I am trying to demonstrate that the

>Hi, Alex.>>>>Note: By using USA Roads and Litroads, at dusk to dawn, you>can >eliminate most of the Landclass needs. >>ummmm. no>>______________>>-Alex<>>I presume that you have aftermarket / commercial Land class,>++, I would like to see what these areas look like on your>set up.>Here is what I get with my setup, at 18:45, 19:45 Aug 4,>around 6000 ft. see top line for more info on coordinates.>The reason I posted this area is because I often fly here and>this is the best setup I found to approximate the real life>view. Thanks, TV>This is how it looks with mine at the coords and times you specify, which includes Ultimate Terrain, FSG Mesh/Landclass and the new Ground Env textures (Just replaced my BEV textures with them!). Note If you only use USA Roads, you are not getting accurate shorelines and water ways. For those, you would need UTUSA.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/143116.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/143117.jpg

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

It looks a very promising product if you ask me, especially with regard to the urban areas. However, some of the blurring in the shots on the GE website of the greener forest/wooded areas is awful...can't we see shots of these areas on a decent PC with a decent graphics card?! I think there could be more shots IMO, with a better variety in terms of location and season. We need assurance that if they're offering textures for the entire globe, then the quality shown in the shots so far (bar the blurry ones) is consistent throughout all areas of the world. Just that judging by the existing shots, it looks like most are of the US and maybe a measly one or two shots of Europe....but what about the other continents?? I think they'd probably sell a lot more copies if they addressed those issues.Provided they have nothing to hide, of course... ;-)

Guest Edam

>if they addressed those issues then they'd probably sell a lot>more copies (and maybe I might just buy it myself!). Provided>they have nothing to hide of course ;-)Since "they" have been around for awhile, and have long since released the excellent Flight Environment, I doubt that they have anything "to hide." Any and all questions from potential and future users are answered rather rapidly.

Guest grot

What I really want - since some folks here already have both - are some good apples to apples comparison's of BEV vs. GE. Hey, I'm a marketing guy, I know I'd be posting the best shots I could get. But here's what I'd love to see (and I know, I'm just askin' for stuff without offering anything in return, but if there was something I could offer I would! other than my potential 40 bucks that is, which is silly, cause I'm such a tweak ** I'll buy it anyway)Side by side shots of Default, BEV and GE textures with the following in common:Same weather (AS, FE, Default, don't really care)FSG landclass and mesh (seems the common one for tweakers)UT (ditto)Then I'd like to see:Low (2500) and high (8000) altitude shots of:1: Typical suburban shot in summer and winter, night and day2: rocky mountain/alaska shot in summer/winter3: coastal south (florida, LA, Hawaii, or something) in spring/fall4: Grand Canyon/Desert Mesa in spring/fallTo my mind, those 10 shots tell it all. A lot of folks I know who are texture hounds fly low and slow, yet almost always the beauty shots are between 5 and 10k - thats when photoreal stuff always looks great. Very few comparison shots I see are done with winter. Very few southern comparison shots show spring/fall variations - the most subtle and pleasing I think. Anyway, that's 30 screenshots. I'm not *demanding* or *expecting* I'm just saying if someone wanted to REALLY put to rest any of the "this is better than that" stuff, those 30 shots would tell the tale. Oh, and as a side note, I would do ALL OF THEM with autogen OFF. Everything looks neat when you crank autogen to 100%, but it also masks the underlying textures. I know autogen placement is part of all the new texture sets, but I also don't think its a massive differentiator between the two. Maybe that's just me. But I've got a pretty hot rig, and I can't run with 100% autogen and all the other bells I like too.

>>Since "they" have been around for awhile, and have long since>released the excellent Flight Environment, I doubt that they>have anything "to hide." Any and all questions from potential>and future users are answered rather rapidly.>> Ok, then I await the screenshots of Asia, Africa, South America, the Middle East and Australia with baited breath.

Nick:I assure you that Peter Wilding has nothing to hide. That is why he distributes his products through Flight 1. That means that you have a money-back guarantee. If you don't like it, they will provide a full refund.Therefore, no reason to "wait with baited breath" or question their motives. Just buy it when it comes out and determine for yourself if it meets your requirements.Regards,Wilson

Guest PPSFA

I installed GE at 8Pm est last night, and all I can say is Awesome!!! I used World Extreme Landscapes before this, and GE coupled with FE is a #### of a combination! 2 Thumbs UP!

Guest allcott

>It looks a very promising product if you ask me, especially>with regard to the urban areas. However, some of the blurring>in the shots on the GE website of the greener forest/wooded>areas is awful...can't we see shots of these areas on a decent>PC with a decent graphics card?! I think there could be more>shots IMO, with a better variety in terms of location and>season. We need assurance that if they're offering textures>for the entire globe, then the quality shown in the shots so>far (bar the blurry ones) is consistent throughout all areas>of the world. Just that judging by the existing shots, it>looks like most are of the US and maybe a measly one or two>shots of Europe....but what about the other continents?? I>think they'd probably sell a lot more copies if they addressed>those issues.>>Provided they have nothing to hide, of course... ;-) There is nothing to hide. The publisher is Flight 1. If you spent more time actually going to the correct forum you would find that the developers and beta testers have been answering requests for area-specific shots for weeks. There are no `issues` to be addressed, you simply don't understand what you're seeing or what you are talking about, and have not researched your observation before you made it. No problem with that, but perhaps you might like to think first and do your own investigations in future?Oh and one other thing:Full, no quibble money back guarantee with Flight 1 products. So, again, what's to hide?Allcott

Al right.. I am salivating too... I would appreciate if someone could guide me a little. I am not sure..what I need to get.I currently have USRoads and fsgenesis mesh and Megascenaries (All with the exception of Denver).I used to like USRoads for the night Dallas Ft. worth used to look pretty accrate based on the road night lighting alone.... it was pretty good. But after I installed Megasenary Dallas for instance, the night texture is not that good compared to USRoads night.I also like what I see here at Ultimate Night Environment ProfessionalSo if I get GE and Ultimate NE pro, how would I stack em up?1. Do I need Night environment at all? IF I do install ultimate night enironemnt and day only of GE, how would the dusk look like? would it be messed up?2. Would adding USRoads on top of GE help or do I uninstall USRoads?3. If I have megascenary on top of GE.. would the buildings (autogen) and such be as neat and crowded as you see in GE or would Megascenary buildings (autogens) overwrite GE's?4. How about blurries? any thing we need to know on that?5. Would adding Ultimate Terrain to the above add value? I think I would have more detailed land/water lines..right?Its all confusing for me...I am in a holding pattern :)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest allcott

Manny, 1: If you want to keep night environment, you can. The installer offers the option to install day, night or day and night textures, as you see choose.2: GE are textures, they do not contain roads. You still need USA roads3: The package is specially designed to work with Megascenery. See the screenshots at the Flight 1 forums4: There are no blurries created by GE. The files are identical in size to the originals. If you have blurries before, you will still have blurries after. Fix the blurries. GE doesn't!.5: UT adds immensely to the value. but for USA and Canada only (Europe is not released yet). GE is useful with or without, and for the rest of the world flyers who don't fly in North America really, really great. Allcott

Guest fox450

Hi, one thing to add,About the infamous blurries; it is always a good thing after installing GE or any other kind of texture addon, even ours, to do a disk defrag.Although the files remain in the same directory and get copied over, the windows file managment still causes the files to get fragmented.