Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FINALLY the ground I deserve for FS9!

I just downloaded and installed. What a difference when compared to my old default textures!!! Thanks for this you guys, it is an excellent product.The fast support you have given everybody on-line has been wonderful. I appreciate how professional you guys have been in answering questions and concerns. :-beerchug

>>There is nothing to hide. The publisher is Flight 1. If you>spent more time actually going to the correct forum you would>find that the developers and beta testers have been answering>requests for area-specific shots for weeks. >>There are no `issues` to be addressed, you simply don't>understand what you're seeing or what you are talking about,>and have not researched your observation before you made it.>No problem with that, but perhaps you might like to think>first and do your own investigations in future?>>Oh and one other thing:>>Full, no quibble money back guarantee with Flight 1 products.>>>So, again, what's to hide?>>>>AllcottYou so obviously do have a problem with that though. Apparently I'm meant to know...by some psychic means that there are actually screenshots of other areas on another website, am I? (sorry...do forgive me won't you? I obviously hadn't done my 'research'!) It's a shame they aren't on the main Webpage to which I was referring though isn't it?! but don't worry, I won't ever dare accuse them of having something to hide again, you can rest assured on that score...! maybe I WAS just having a little harmless prod though, which you seemed to take to heart a little too much?.. Anyway, I'd be grateful if you didn't say to people that they don't know what they are talking about. It's not particularly pleasant to be on the receiving end of a silly unnecessary quip like that, and I'm sure you would agree! I was merely stating that I haven't seen various other parts of the world covered by GE with my own eyes. If I simply haven't known about the existence of a particular set of additional screenshots to which you refer, then I cannot really be automatically deemed as 'not knowing what I'm talking about', as you so rudely put it. I think that's maybe a little strong, a bit unnecessary and a bit childish to be honest. Surely you can have an interesting debate without resorting to speaking to people like that? I don't think you should let yourself get so agitated as to make such overtly offensive quips to be honest. Furthermore, if I choose to make observations about the screenshots on the GE website, then I'm quite entitled to do that, regardless of whether I haven't happened to notice shots of which I was unaware (which I admit, was 100% my mistake! silly old me eh?). However, you're not entitled to berate people by saying they 'don't know what they're talking about'. That is rather a sweeping generalisation of a person's character, you have to admit! Maybe try having a read of this Website's terms and conditions sometime? And, I did actually say that the GE shots I had seen were very impressive. I was simply stating that it would be better for them, in my opinion, that if we saw a few more screenshots with more variation ON THEIR MAIN PAGE....wait for it....WHERE THE MAJORITY OF WOULD-BE BUYERS GO! I would say their forums as such are most probably only populated by the die-hards...and not the vast majority of FS users...not by a long shot.

Hi, Tom.The pics look very similar, and at night my setup is more recognizable / realistic, and my stuff is $00.0, yours is $$$???. It is also interesting to find out what data they used, since I do not recall that lake being there or on any charts, and that can be misleading. Anybody know? TV

>>did Flight Environment. Photo realistic ground textures>for>>the whole world for all seasons!!!!!!!!!!! >>Well, there is another vendor which offers pretty much an>equivalent product - BEV (which also offers extra highly>customized features). Whoes textures are better - will>probably be debatable, but the number of pics on GE's site is>simply too limited to render any opinion on this product at>this point.>>Michael J.I agree. I haven't seen a winter texture yet and the "gallery" is extremely limited. Hopefully we'll get a detailed comparison of BEV (which I do have and the winter textures are boring) and GE. We are currently in the "WOW .... Run Don't Walk" phase of a new product. The obligatory "patch" will follow and hopefully a critical review. Bob....

Is there a performance hit on the textures?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Hey Bill, this is from the thread above. I asked this also. Read on..."Thanks guys for the feedback and comments.There should be no fps hit as all textures are the same size.As for night textures: we have made it possible to install just day textures so it's possible to use your Night Environment if you want.GE is also fully compatible with UT USA and soon to be released Europe."

>Hi, Tom.>The pics look very similar, and at night my setup is more>recognizable / realistic, and my stuff is $00.0, yours is>$$$???. It is also interesting to find out what data they>used, since I do not recall that lake being there or on any>charts, and that can be misleading. Anybody know? TV>Actually since you say you do use USA Roads, your price was actually $29.00.I have to say, I don't think your setup looks too bad in this area, especially after looking at Google Earth. The lake problem, I believe is actually a Dry lake, so prevalent in the Southwest. The problem is most data sources, don't distinguish between these and a normal lake. so the result is they all appear with water. A number of these have been pointed out on the UT forum, and the developer (manually) fixed the ones that were identified as such. I'm not sure if these just got missed, or maybe GE undid it? I'll have to check. I do believe you will have the opposite problem. Since you use USA Roads, and not UT you will be missing waterways where they should be and your coast lines won't be accurate. So I would recommend if you go your route, to use UTUSA instead of USA Roads. This will give you not only the roads, but the waterways, for about 10.00 more.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi, Tom.>Actually since you say you do use USA Roads, your price was actually $29.00.I have to say, I don't think your setup looks too bad in this area

Guest Peter Wilding

I'll get Anthony to put some shots up of some hard winter for you and some spring. Check out our web site link below.

Looks awesome, another musthave for FS9. When will it stop?! :-hah