Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Does this replace your installed, or default ai?

It will take whatever AI you have and use that. You need to set the AI sliders to the off position and use the slider that comes with VOX atc

ZORAN

zoran

why the need for a new UT2/L bridge then ??

for now, cheers

john martin

I use MT6.  But, from what I understand, UT2/Live doesn't use .bgl files as MyTraffic does.  So, the bridge takes care of this.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

rick

thanks for your note ..... I can now see why MT6 (aka MyTraffic Professional 6.0a) is used by many with Vox7.4 / P3DV4.

as I understand it, the current UT2 Bridge only "extracts" paints & plans not schedules from UT2 for Vox use....whereas Vox can use MT6 schedules also.

I wonder if the bridge update with UTL will use UTL schedules.

for now, cheers

john martin

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how one looks at it), the best option is to use the Alpha India Group schedules and freeware AI aircraft. The good news is that except for the FSPXAI models (which are optional), everything is freeware. The models are both compatible with P3d4 and realistic. The AIG community adds new liveries as needed and updates the BGL-based schedules on a 6 month cycle. They also provide utilities that assist the user in keeping everything tidy and up to date. AI Flight Planner (also freeware) reads the AIG schedules directly from the downloaded zip files and underscores any missing liveries. It's everything that WOAI was (and more) except WOAI was a FS9-based archaic beast.

And now the bad news. One can spend weeks setting everything up. And although the community at AIG is very friendly and helpful, you're basically flying solo when setting things up and it's also easy to muck things up.  I decided to switch from My T 6  about 6 months ago and I haven't regretted the change. I will say thought, that for VOXATC, MyT 6 is still the best AI choice for 90% of all P3d users.

I don't know how other people feel about VOXATC's AI module, but my unscientific assessment is that it is a lot less of a burden on the CPU than the stock AI code in P3d4. I suspect this has a lot to do with the fact that VOXATC doesn't keep track of departure and destination airports. Its AI aircraft don't maintain the various modes  (sleeping, boarding, taxiing, etc.) that allow either the sim or SODE to operate jetways properly. Another consequence is that the AI do not work correctly with Super Traffic Board. Without a complex database of items being dragged around for every AI aircraft, performance issues with VOXATC seem less likely than with the stock AI. 

jay

thanks for your notes / perspective ..... there are pluses / minuses to each as you say.

I'm not a Vox user yet, but very tempted  .... and no direct experience with MT6 but have dabbled with AIG & WOAI alongside & in lieu  of UT2 / UTL from time to time over the years.

i do favour the flexibilities / comprehensive coverage of UT2 / UTL & tweaking it with UT power pack.

one needs traffic.bgl's though for a proper integration & use of schedules into Vox as I understand ... the random timetabls assigned by Vox to UT2 traffic are a disappointment to say the least. of course, one could use UTL & zero Vox traffic but then no chatter nor control interface. 

for now, cheers

john martin

I do have less overall traffic than when MT6/P3D controlled the traffic and it's all clustered around my aircraft.  The AI also do many more go-arounds and sometimes taxi as if the captain hit the bar on the way to the airport.  But, as already noted, there is less of a performance hit, I do see airplanes on the ground and in the air and VoxATC interacts with them.  I would hope that this aspect of the program can be improved as time goes on.

Rick Abshier

VOXATC can only create AI traffic based on the traffic BGL files that are available.

Try adjusting the interplay between the VOXATC AI traffic slider and the various settings in the FSUIPC traffic limiter. There's  usually a sweet spot that can be determined by experimentation.

20 hours ago, ricka47 said:

and it's all clustered around my aircraft.....

I would hope that this aspect of the program can be improved as time goes on.

rick

it must be difficult to see that your .bgl's schedules are in use.?

19 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

VOXATC can only create AI traffic based on the traffic BGL files that are available.

ray

I can only guess then that for UT2 / UTL, Vox having imported paints & plans using the bridge it (Vox) then has some way of providing random AI movements.

& thanks both for.your help.

will proably run with Vox 7.4 & AIG initially (with a few core US majors just to see ...I already have many FSP / FAIB etc P3DV4 paints setup & used by UTL)

for now, cheers

john martin

4 hours ago, vadriver said:

rick

it must be difficult to see that your .bgl's schedules are in use.?

ray

I can only guess then that for UT2 / UTL, Vox having imported paints & plans using the bridge it (Vox) then has some way of providing random AI movements.

& thanks both for.your help.

will proably run with Vox 7.4 & AIG initially (with a few core US majors just to see ...I already have many FSP / FAIB etc P3DV4 paints setup & used by UTL)

I'm not sure how it takes the MT6 .bgl files and converts them.  I do see GA, commercial and military traffic though. 

Rick Abshier