Sign in to follow this  
Claude Troncy

Level of details in the map

Bonjour albar965,

I found something strange with the behavior of increase (decrease) details in the map. of your great little Navmap.
This only happens when using the keyboard.

Once we are at the max (5) or min (-5) details, then the menu are disabled, but we can continue to use the equivalent keyboard CTRL + CTRL -, and then the zomm + or - takes place. After that, it is sometimes difficult to come back to the normal level.

Any idea ?
Cheers

Claude

EDIT: May be an interference with the standard keyboard zoom function. When the menu is disabled then Little Navmap passes the control to windows ?

Claude Troncy

Hi Claude,

you are right, this is a bug. It passes the keystroke down to the Marble map widget once my Ctrl+/- is disabled. I'll fix this for the next release.

Thanks for reporting.

Alex

Bonsoir Alex,

Thanks for your answer.

In the same line, do you think it is possible to avoid the detection of the mouse cursor when it passes over the zoom bar system on the right side of the map.

In fact while moving the map by draging with the left mouse button, when the cursor passes over the zoom vertical bar, then the zoom level change brutally. It could be confusing !

I hope I am clear... Not sure !

Merci

Claude

Claude Troncy

Hi Claude,

totally clear.:smile:

I know this problem and cannot do much about it since it is part of the Marble widget. At least I don't know any solution now.

I would hide this thing from the map view (Window -> Map Overlays -> Navigation). It uses too much space anyway.

Alex

Edited by albar965

Bonjour Alex,

Thanks ! Yes, it seems there is nothing in MarbleNavigator which can help. So the best thing to do is to hide it.

Merci

Claude

Claude Troncy