Sign in to follow this  
Flying Kiwi

How to Switch Standby/Active Frequency in Learjet 35A?

I'm trying out the Learjet 35A for the first time, and I cannot seem to find a way to change standby frequencies to active ones. Adjusting the standby frequency is very easy - it's changing it to the active frequency that I can't seem to do.

I've tried looking in the manual, but that has no explanation whatsoever about the radios (apart from saying where they are on a particular panel).

I can adjust standby frequencies, turn the radios on and off and test them with the Test button. But the "STO" and "ACT" buttons (whatever they are) don't work. No matter how many times I mouse over them, nothing happens. There doesn't seem to be any other button or "hot spot" to change standby frequencies to active ones. The problem exists for both the Comm and Nav radios. If I can't adjust the Nav radio frequencies, I won't be able to set up for an ILS approach.

This is extremely confusing, baffling and frustrating to me. Hoping someone has a solution. I'm using P3D V3.4 and I think my version of the plane is 2.8 (I think there's a 2.9 now, but the FlightSim Store, where I bought this from, has never updated to the latest version). TIA for your help.

OK, I think I've actually solved this. Bit slow on the uptake tonight. Didn't realise that the NAV radio on the pedestal is the NAV2 radio, not NAV1! The only way to access the NAV1 radio is via the GPS. Only the GPS doesn't work for me, because I'd loaded a plane with the Flight1 GTN (which I don't currently have). Switched to an equivalent plane with the GNS installed, and that worked! And there were the NAV1 radios! So everything is sweet with the GNS.

Thus, if I ever want to use the NAV1 radios in the GTN version, I'll have to buy the Flight1 GTN. Pity it's so expensive (although the price is probably fair for the complexity of the product). Bit of a pity also that there isn't an alternative way to access the NAV1 radios (like on the pedestal or somewhere). I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't have the GTN.

2 hours ago, Flying Kiwi said:

Thus, if I ever want to use the NAV1 radios in the GTN version, I'll have to buy the Flight1 GTN. Pity it's so expensive (although the price is probably fair for the complexity of the product). Bit of a pity also that there isn't an alternative way to access the NAV1 radios (like on the pedestal or somewhere). I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't have the GTN.

I don't understand your concern here. There really is no reason to fly the GTN version of the Lear if you don't have the GTN 750 GPS.  The GTN and GNS versions of the plane are identical except for the particular GPS units, and both GPS units provide the Com1 and Nav 1 radios. So other than the GTN 750 itself, you are not missing anything flying the GNS version of the Lear.

The GTN 750 is an impressive unit, BTW.

Al

2 hours ago, Flying Kiwi said:

OK, I think I've actually solved this. Bit slow on the uptake tonight. Didn't realise that the NAV radio on the pedestal is the NAV2 radio, not NAV1! The only way to access the NAV1 radio is via the GPS. Only the GPS doesn't work for me, because I'd loaded a plane with the Flight1 GTN (which I don't currently have). Switched to an equivalent plane with the GNS installed, and that worked! And there were the NAV1 radios! So everything is sweet with the GNS.

GTN is no longer as expensive as before. You can buy the "Complete Edition" including the 750 and 650 for the price of a single 750 or 650 (price of the old edition).
In addition this "Complete Edition" is compatible with FSX, FSE, P3D V(x), which was not the case before.

If interested go there : http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gtncomplete

I'm not obviously related in any way to Flight1 and GTN...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I am actually trying to buy the GTN, but good grief, what a rigmarole! You download this strange "wrapper" that drives your anti-virus nuts (I had to disable about three things in Norton to even make it work). But on top of that, you can't do PayPal payments without some sort of weird pre-approval that you have to submit a ticket to Flight1 to set up! :O That's just stupid. Why on earth do they have to make it so ridiculously complicated? At most other online stores I've used to buy planes (e.g. Just Flight, FlightSim Store and SimulShop), payment via PayPal is quick and seamless. Why can't Flight1 set up PayPal payments the way those guys do? This system they have is rubbish. It's turning me right off them. I know I could pay by credit card, but I don't really want to add to current card's debt too much. However, I have a few "gaming" funds set aside in PayPal, and I'd like to be able to use those.

Does anyone know of another source for the Flight1 GTN? Does Just Flight have it, for instance? Because I am so appalled and disgusted by the needless complexity of F1's purchasing system (especially as it pertains to PayPal) that I no longer wish to buy from them directly. Until Flight1 drastically simplify the way you can pay with PayPal, they can go jump as far as I'm concerned.