Sign in to follow this  
tman41291

Working Anchorage

Has anyone found a working version of PANC for p3d v4? I’ve looked around with no such luck. 

Tyler Sexton

+1

I really don't understand why this fascinating location (including Lake Hood) has been overlooked by addon developer for years (since the old Aerosoft version) .

I seem to remember though having read somewhere the Aerosoft version at least partly works in P3DV4 (I'm still on 3.4).

It partially worked, but missing runway lights, taxi lines & lights was a motivator for fast removal. Maybe it will be updated or I'll need to update the AFCAD to get it to work

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Especially with the PMDG 747 and DC-6 in our hands now, I'm longing for having that cargo hub available. Like most users, I tried many different ways to install Aerosoft's Anchorage and Fairbanks into v4 but with the same results every time. All the buildings are there, but you get no lights and an airport with no lines, so essentially a giant concrete slab. Doesn't seem like Aerosoft were in much of a hurry to update it either, mentioning having some 200 airports to go through. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

19 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Especially with the PMDG 747 and DC-6 in our hands now, I'm longing for having that cargo hub available. Like most users, I tried many different ways to install Aerosoft's Anchorage and Fairbanks into v4 but with the same results every time. All the buildings are there, but you get no lights and an airport with no lines, so essentially a giant concrete slab. Doesn't seem like Aerosoft were in much of a hurry to update it either, mentioning having some 200 airports to go through. 

This is the primary purpose behind my post to be honest haha. I want to get the 747, but I need the airports for the cargo before I go and buy it. 

Tyler Sexton

Orbx SE Alaska FTX?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

30 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Orbx SE Alaska FTX?  

What do you want to know?

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Orbx SE Alaska FTX?  

Yes Bobsk8, I agree with you.  Orbx SE Alaska FTX is equipped already with a beautiful and more than adequate rendition of PANC.

3 hours ago, btacon said:

Yes Bobsk8, I agree with you.  Orbx SE Alaska FTX is equipped already with a beautiful and more than adequate rendition of PANC.

But it is far from the quality of today's premium addon airports. I would love to see an Orbx version of PANC and PALH at the quality level of their PAEN, PAHO and PAVD.

3 hours ago, btacon said:

I flew out of that area many times in real life in both a Float 182 and a 172.  The Alaska FTX scenery looks pretty realistic to me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yeah, but we could do with a proper rendition of PANC. Like Leipzig or Luxemburg.

Not a PANC version with bare building-placing and a some static AI.

Santiago de Larminat

simwings did ANC for Aerosoft, and they are taking forever just to finish the v4 updates to the big airports like EGLL. I emailed them and never heard back about updating ANC and Aerosoft do not have it listed as pending updates. Too bad. The Orbx PANC is not great it has an incorrect and old layout and default buildings.

There is a possibility of at least getting the lights back, A person that has a site called I believe simmershome updated the afcad file for p3dv3 so the default lights are used instead of custom lights. But the ground textures are still missing and I cannot find a fix for that. Everyone just email Aerosoft and simwings to beg them to update it. Even a pay update I'd buy. PANC is an airport I love to fly to since I fly 99% of the time cargo flights.

9 hours ago, btacon said:

How's the region for for performance?  I usually don't turn them on unless I'm flying an extremely frame-friendly airplane.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

59 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

How's the region for for performance?  I usually don't turn them on unless I'm flying an extremely frame-friendly airplane.

Same as any default area in P3D.